The study attempts to examine the effect of organizational culture on employee engagement and performance and its evaluation has been identified by certain selected researcher’s research. The main aim of research article is to identify and determine strong relationship between organizational culture and employee engagement as well as performance. Employee engagement and effectiveness could prove to be an excellent parameter to assess the health of the organization as such with regards to satisfaction, innovation, commitment, retention and productivity. Literature review is adopted as methodology to review the culture of an organization upon employee engagement and performance. The owners and top management of an organization generally tends to have a large impact on establishing a culture. Organizational culture plays a vital role in engaging the employees and enhancing their performance. Organizational culture must be united all members and employees of the organization as this will encourage uniformity among members of the organization and this enhance commitment, group efficiency and overall performance of employees. In this study it was tried to look at the effect of organizational culture on employee’s engagement and performance with evidence of selected related literatures.
Cite this article:
Arnab Kumar Samanta. Organizational culture and Employee engagement: A Review of selected studies. Asian Journal of Management. 2021; 12(2):201-4. doi: 10.52711/2321-5763.2021.00030
Arnab Kumar Samanta. Organizational culture and Employee engagement: A Review of selected studies. Asian Journal of Management. 2021; 12(2):201-4. doi: 10.52711/2321-5763.2021.00030 Available on: https://ajmjournal.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-12-2-17
1. Anitha, J. 2014. Determinants of employee engagement and their impact on employee performance. International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management. 63 (3). pp. 308-323.
2. Choudhury Gitali. 2011. The Dynamics of Organizational Climate: An Exploration, Management Insight, Banaras Hindu University, December, 7(2), pp. 112-116, ISSN: 0973-936X.
3. C.Jegajothi, S. Sudha. 2015. A Study on Organizational Climate and Employee Performance, Indian Journal of Applied Research, April, 5(4), pp. 347-348.
4. Corritor, M, Goldberg, A., S. B Srivastava. 2020. The new analytics of culture, Harvard Business Review, January- February issue.
5. E, Paramita, Lumbaraja. 2020. The Influence of Organizational Culture and Organizational Commitment on Employee Performance and Job Satisfaction as a Moderating Variable at PT. Bank Mandiri (Persero), Tbk, International Journal of Research and Review, 7(3), pp. 273-286.
6. Greenberg, Jerald dan Robert, A, Baron. 2003. Behavior in Organizations Understanding and Managing The Human Side of Work, 8th Edition, Pearson Education International.
7. Ilyasa, Madhakomala and Ramly, M. 2018. The Effect of Organization Culture, Knowledge Sharing and Employee Engagement on Employee Work Innovation. International Journal of Scientific Research and Management, 6 (1).
8. Kahn, W.A.,1990), Psychological Conditions of Personal Engagement and Disengagement at Work; Academy of Management Journal, 33, pp. 692-724.
9. Lockwood N.R. 2007. Leveraging employee engagement for competitive advantage, SHRM Research Quarterly, 52(3), pp. 1- 12.
10. Nwakoby, N., Okoye, J., and Anugwu, C. 2019. Effect of organizational culture on employee performance in selected deposit money banks in Enugu state. Journal of Economics Economic, 2(4), pp. 1213-1225.
11. Ogbonna, E. 1993. Managing Organizational Culture: Fantasy or Reality? Human Resource Management Journal, 3(2), pp. 42-54.
12. Robbins, Stephen P. and Timothy A. Judge. 2011. Organizational Behavior, 13th edition, Pearson International Edition. Pearson Prentice Hall.
13. Suneet, S. 2019. Impact of Organizational Culture on Employee Engagement and Effectiveness in Indian Manufacturing Company, IITM Journal of Management and IT, 10(2), pp. 43-50.
14. Uddin, M.J., Luva, R.H. and Hossain, S.M.M. 2012. Impact of Organizational Culture on Employee Performance and Productivity: A Case Study of Telecommunication Sector in Bangladesh.
15. Vinesh, 2014. Role of Training and Development in an Organizational Development, International Journal of Management and International Business Studies, 4(2), pp. 213-220 © Research India Publications, ISSN 2277-3177.