The prime aim of this study is to understand the different types of atrocities faced by medical professionals while handling COVID-19 patients. This methodology focused on this article is based on previous theory on emotional intelligence as a critical component for leadership. The significant finding of this article is that emotional intelligence can help medical leaders and healthcare professionals in dealing with this pandemic situation while improving their medical health. This article can be helpful for millions of medical professionals, healthcare workers, and patients, etc. to counter the condition of COVID-19 pandemics.
Cite this article:
Anuj Kumar. Emotional intelligence can help healthcare professionals and managers: A way deal COVID-19 pandemic. Asian Journal of Management. 2021;12(4):353-8. doi: 10.52711/2321-5763.2021.00053
Anuj Kumar. Emotional intelligence can help healthcare professionals and managers: A way deal COVID-19 pandemic. Asian Journal of Management. 2021;12(4):353-8. doi: 10.52711/2321-5763.2021.00053 Available on: https://ajmjournal.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-12-4-1
1. Aayush, K., Vishal, D., Hammad, N. and Manu, K. S., 2020. Application of Artificial Intelligence in Curbing Air Pollution: The Case of India. Asian Journal of Management, 11(3), pp. 285-290.
2. Afolabi, A., Fernando, S. and Bottiglieri, T., 2018. The effect of organisational factors in motivating healthcare employees: a systematic review. British Journal of HealthCare Management, 24(12), pp. 603-610.
3. Al-Momani, H. et al., 2019. Review of medical waste management in Jordanian health care organisations. British Journal of Healthcare Management, 25(8), pp. 1-8.
4. Ayedee, N. and Kumar, A., 2020. Indian Education System and growing number of online Conferences: Scenario under COVID-19. Asian Journal of Management, 11(4), pp. 395-401.
5. Ayedee, N. and Manocha, D. S., 2020. Role of Media (Television) in Creating a Positive Atmosphere in COVID-19 during Lockdown in India. Asian Journal of Management, 11(4), pp. 370-378.
6. Baker, S. and Hernandez, M., 2017. Communicating with stakeholders when bad news is uncertain. International Journal of Public Leadership, 13(2), pp. 85-97.
7. Baker, S. and Hernandez, M., 2017. Communicating with stakeholders when bad news is uncertain. International Journal of Public Leadership, 13(2), pp. 85-97.
8. Caldwell, C. and Anderson, V., 2017. Ethical leadership in troubled times. International Journal of Public Leadership, 13(2), pp. 54-58.
9. Cameron, K., Quinn, R. and Caldwell, C., 2017. Positive leadership and adding value – a lifelong journey. International Journal of Public Leadership, 13(2), pp. 59-63.
10. Campbell, D., 2020. Doctors lacking PPE 'bullied' into treating Covid-19 patients. [Online] Available at: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/06/nhs-doctors-lacking-ppe-bullied-into-treating-covid-19-patients [Accessed 24 July 2020].
11. Capone, C., 2020. Will malpractice cases skyrocket after the pandemic?. [Online] Available at: https://www.mdlinx.com/article/will-malpractice-cases-skyrocket-after-the-pandemic/4GWQHu9qOfyAAxk7gYGfK[Accessed 14 August 2020].
12. Cheney, C., 2020. 4 Ethical Dilemmas for healthcare organizations during covid-19 pandemic. [Online] Available at: https://www.healthleadersmedia.com/clinical-care/4-ethical-dilemmas-healthcare-organizations-during-covid-19-pandemic [Accessed 24 July 2020].
13. Cornner, M., 2020. How to be an emotionally intelligent leader amid COVID-19. [Online] Available at: https://www.advisory.com/daily-briefing/2020/03/26/emotional-intelligence[Accessed 24 July 2020].
14. Dasborough, M. T., 2019. Emotional Intelligence as a Moderator of Emotional Responses to Leadership. Emotions and leadership, Volume 15, pp. 69-88.
15. Fernandes, M., Thakur, J. R. and Gavanje, M. S., 2021. A Study to assess knowledge regarding covid-19 among Nursing students. Asian Journal of Nursing Education and Research, 11(1), pp. 65-67.
16. Frankovský, M. et al., 2019. Social intelligence in the Cultural Context: Comparison of Indian and Slovak Managers. Organizational Psychology, 9(3), pp. 8-19.
17. Gilroy, R., 2020. Nurses on coronavirus frontline facing ‘abhorrent’ abuse from public. [Online] Available at: https://www.nursingtimes.net/news/coronavirus/nurses-fighting-coronavirus-facing-abhorrent-abuse-from-public-20-03-2020/[Accessed 24 July 2020].
18. Goleman, D., 2011. Leadership: The power of emotional intelligence. Northampton: MA: More than Sound.
19. Grays, D. D., 2020. The Lasting Impacts Of COVID-19 On The Health Care System. [Online] Available at: https://today.tamu.edu/2020/04/22/the-lasting-impacts-of-covid-19-on-the-health-care-system/[Accessed 24 July 2020].
20. Harvard T.H. Chan, 2020. The Unique Challenges – and Opportunities – Facing Leaders of Academic Health Centers During COVID-19. [Online] Available at: https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/ecpe/challenges-opportunities-facing-leaders-academic-health-centers-during-covid-19/[Accessed 24 July 2020].
21. Howley, E. K., 2018. How Communications Issues Between Doctors and Nurses Can Affect Your Health. [Online]Available at: https://health.usnews.com/health-care/patient-advice/articles/2018-09-05/how-communications-issues-between-doctors-and-nurses-can-affect-your-health[Accessed 24 July 2020].
22. Iyengar, K. and El-Nahas, W., 2020. A brief guide to telephone medical consultation. British Journal of Healthcare Management, 26(4), pp. 1-3.
23. Iyengar, K. P., Vaishya, R., Bahl, S. and Vaish, A., 2020. Impact of the coronavirus pandemic on the supply chain in healthcare. British Journal of Healthcare Management, 26(6), pp. 1-4.
24. Jain, R. S., Jain, T. G. and Ishikar, S. K., 2020. Impact of Covid-19 on Changing Habits and Health Issues of the Public. Asian Journal of Management, 11(4), pp. 524-528.
25. Kerr, R. G. J. H. N. a. B. E., 2006. Emotional intelligence and leadership effectiveness. Leadership and Organization Development Journal.
26. Kumar, A. and Ayedee, N., 2018. Social Media tools for business growth of SMEs. Journal of Management, 5(3), pp. 137-142.
27. Kumar, A. and Ayedee, N., 2021. An Interconnection between COVID-19 and Climate Change Problem. Journal of Statistics and Management Systems, Volume 25, pp. 1-21.
28. Kumar, A. and Ayedee, N., 2021. Technology Adoption: A Solution for SMEs to overcome problems during COVID-19. Academy of Marketing Studies Journal, 25(1), pp. 1-16.
29. Kumar, A. and Kalse, D. A., 2021. Usage and adoption of artificial intelligence in SMEs. Materialstoday: Proceedings.
30. Kumar, A. and Pandey, A., 2018. Usage of social media as an integrated marketing tool in business. Journal of Management, 5(3), pp. 123-128.
31. Kumar, A., Syed, D. A. A. and Pandey, D. A., 2020. How Adoption of Online Resources Can Help Indian SMEs in Improving Performance during COVID-19 Pandemic. Test Engineering and Management, Volume 83, pp. 3394-3400.
32. Manpreet, K., 2021. A Descriptive Study to Assess the level of Anxiety and Stress among senior Citizen Residing in selected areas of Ludhiana, Punjab. Asian Journal of Nursing Education and Research, 11(1), pp. 86-88.
33. Morley, G., Grady, C., McCarthy, J. and M. Ulrich, C., 2020. Covid‐19: Ethical Challenges for Nurses. The Hasting Centre Report, 50(3), pp. 35-39.
34. Murray, L. K., 2020. How to Lead With Emotional Intelligence in the Time of COVID-19. [Online] Available at: https://www.jhsph.edu/covid-19/articles/how-to-lead-with-emotional-intelligence-in-the-time-of-covid-19.html[Accessed 24 July 2020].
35. Omiunu, O. G., Omotayo, F. O. and Longe, F. A., 2021. Adoption and use of Information and Communication Technologies for Intellectual capital Management among small and medium scale Enterprises in Ibadan, Nigeria. Asian Journal of Management, 12(1), pp. 6-14.
36. Rai, P. and Roy, D., 2021. Death and Scarcity of Life Saving PPEs: Where is the Life of Heroes?. Asian Journal of Nursing Education and Resarch, 11(1), pp. 157-160.
37. Sahu, S. and Khan, K. A. U. Z., 2014. Moderating Role of Perceived Organizational Support on the Relationship between Emotional Intelligence and Organizational Commitment. Asian Journal of Management, 5(2), pp. 202-204.
38. Sindhu, J. and Renee, N., 2019. Impact of Artificial Intelligence in chosen Indian Commercial Bank – A Cost Benefit Analysis. Asian Journal of Management, 10(4), pp. 377-384.
39. Sood, I. and Kaushal, S. L., 2018. Emotional Intelligence and Leadership Styles: A Study of Educational Leaders in Himachal Pradesh. Asian Journal of Management, 9(1), pp. 419-426.
40. Suhail Y, P. and Srinivasulu, Y., 2018. A Study on Potential and Advantages of Indian healthcare sector, with a view to quality dimensions in healthcare. Asian Journal of Management, 9(4), pp. 1311-1318.
41. Worldometers, 2020. Covid-19 Coronavirus Pandemic. [Online]Available at: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/[Accessed 24 July 2020].