Fitness Cube , one of the well-known fitness centre in the city of Bangalore South, Uttarahalli Main Road has been actively involved in inculcating and promoting fitness to people through easy mechanisms comprising of various fitness activities from past 14 years. After rounds of interview and observations been made it was found that during this period; there was 30-percent reduction in business though it was one of the best in South Bangalore. Mr. Kiran Owner and Fitness Trainer was worried during this bleak period though he had changed his way of business. Before COVID-19, the business was gradually down and revenues were not satisfactory and at break even. COVID-19 Pandemic creeped in and further, the situation was very worst as Government announced the closure of fitness centres across India. This case let present the unique facts pertaining to Fitness Cube in Mr.Kiran had to face challenges and further improvements to sustain the GYM business. During this transition, COVID-19 Pandemic further elevated the maintenance of fitness centre which is presented in this case.
Cite this article:
Hemantha Y. Revival of Fitness Cube –A CASE. Asian Journal of Management. 2021; 12(2):139-3. doi: 10.52711/2321-5763.2021.00020
Hemantha Y. Revival of Fitness Cube –A CASE. Asian Journal of Management. 2021; 12(2):139-3. doi: 10.52711/2321-5763.2021.00020 Available on: https://ajmjournal.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-12-2-7
1. Roy, P. K. (1974). Industrialisation and ‘fitness’ of nuclear family: A case study in India. Journal of Comparative Family Studies, 5(1), pp.74-86.
2. Vaibhav Singh and Abhimanyu Singh (2018). Yoga for depression and anxiety: A systematic review, Indian Journal of Physical education, Sports Medicine and Exercise Science, 18(3), pp.22-25
3. John Sujay and Chakravortty S K (2018). Emerging trends in Indian Fitness Industry, Indian Journal of Physical education, Sports Medicine and Exercise Science, 18(2),pp.118-121
4. Jo Haris, Lorraine Cale, Rebecca Duncombe and Hayley Musson (2016). Young People’s knowledge and understanding of health,fitness and physical activity:issues,divides and dilemmas, Sports Education and Society, 25(9), pp.407-420
5. Osawa Y, Azuma K, Tabata S, Katsukawa F, Ishida H, Oguma Y, Kawai T, Itoh H, Okuda S, Matsumoto H (2014). Effects of 16-week high-intensity interval training using upper and lower body ergometers on aerobic fitness and morphological changes in healthy men: a preliminary study. Open Access Journal of Sports Medicine. 5: 257–65.