This study aimed to assess the level of business practices of Construction material business in Phu Yen province, Viet Nam such as Human Resource Management; and whether the level Business practices of the Construction material suppliers were influenced by profile of respondents and business-related factors. The study focused on the status of the construction material suppliers with a capitalization from VND 50 million up to VND 9 billion. This is in response to the vision in the field of supplying construction materials to have in-depth assessment of the management practices and performance of the construction material suppliers to spur economic development for global competitiveness. The study made use quantitative research through the descriptive research. The subject of the study was the two hundred and eighty (280) enterprises registered in Tuy Hoa city. The primary tool in gathering the data was a structured questionnaire coupled with observation and informal interviews. The data gathered were then tabulated and analyzed thru the use of the following statistical tools: frequency and percentage, mean, One-way Analysis of Variance (ANOVA), and Multiple Regression Analysis. The findings of the study are: most of the business owners/managers are within the age bracket 41-50, majority of them are managed by males, most of them are married, and majority of them are highschool graduate. The construction material enterprises in Phu Yen province have a monthly income from VND 900 million to 990 million.
Cite this article:
Tran Thi Hoa Tam. Management Practices of Construction Material Business in Phu Yen Province, Vietnam. Asian Journal of Management. 2020;11(4):365-369. doi: 10.5958/2321-5763.2020.00056.6
Tran Thi Hoa Tam. Management Practices of Construction Material Business in Phu Yen Province, Vietnam. Asian Journal of Management. 2020;11(4):365-369. doi: 10.5958/2321-5763.2020.00056.6 Available on: https://ajmjournal.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2020-11-4-1
1. Cascio, W.F. (2003). Managing human resources: Productivity, Quality of work, life, profits. 6th ed. New-York : McGraw Hill Higher Education.
2. Prachi Singh, Shilpi Gupta, Komal Sahu. An Overview of Talent Management: Driver for Organizational Success. Asian J. Management 5(2): April-June, 2014 page 240-245
3. Uma M.H.. Integration of KM and HRM, It’s Impact on Organizational Performance. Asian J. Management 5(4): Oct.- Dec., 2014 page 443-450.ut t
4. Vijay Kumar Shrotryia, Upasana Dhanda. Trends and Directions of Employee Engagement: Perspectives from Literature Review. Asian Journal of Management. 2018; 9(1):69-79.
5. Bhamray Dushyant Motiram, Mehata Pallavi , Darekar Avinash Bhaskar. Sustainable human resource management for implementation of health policies and programme with reference to mass gathering. Asian Journal of Management. 2019; 10(4):281-300. No
6. A Ranjith Kumar Reddy, B Raja Shekar Rao, V Veena, R Sathish Kumar. Selection of Construction Materials using Multiple Attribute Decision Making (MADM) Approach. Int. J. Tech. 5(2): July-Dec., 2015; Page 181-186
7. M. Nisha, S. Poongavanam. Aspects Banging the Adequacy of HRM Hones Intended to Enhance Information Switch Over in CPCS for Human Health Care. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2017; 10(10):3339-3342.eadin
8. Monalisha Patel, Sunil Dhal. An Exploratory Study on Electronic Human Resource Management (E-HRM) Tools Implemented In Different Industry in Odisha. Asian J. Management; 2017; 8(4):1405-1411.
9. Pratibha Barik, B.B. Pandey. The Key Role of Human Resource Management in Corporate Social Responsibility (Environmental Protection) in Chhattisgarh State. Asian J. Management. 2016; 7(3): 201-206.
10. Preeti Agrawal, Yogesh Rathore. An Approach for Effective Resource Management in Cloud Computing. Int. J. Tech. 1(2): July-Dec. 2011; Page 121-124nternet s
11. Moumita Suklabaidya Saha, Samrat Goswami. Perspectives in the Literature of Common Property Resources A Brief Review. Res. J. Humanities and Social Sciences. 2019; 10(1): 253-258.ources. It is necessary to list your date of access because web postings are often updated, and information available on one