B. Nayeema, B. Sreedhar Reddy, V. Tulasi Das
B. Nayeema1, Dr. B. Sreedhar Reddy2, Dr. V. Tulasi Das3
1Ph.D. Scholar, Dept. of HRM, Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur-522 510, A.P.
2Guest Faculty, Dept. of MBA (Hospital Administration) Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur-522 510, A.P.
3Associate Professor, Dept. of HRM, Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur-522 510, A.P.
Volume - 12,
Issue - 1,
Year - 2021
In the current scenario, the emergence of many private universities increases the demand for the engineering faculty members and so it’s difficult for the management to retain the talented pool. The teaching and learning process would be more effective in an institution where the faculty members are contented with their job. Job satisfaction is one factor which makes teachers contended with the job. Interaction between faculty and head of the department should be practices which will help in improving rapport, trust and also better retention due to open door policy (Vijit Chaturvedi and MK Sethi, 2010). Researchers identified several factors influencing job satisfaction but those factors are not completely explaining the changes in job satisfaction. Therefore in the current paper researchers created a model which can better explain job satisfaction of the University Engineering College Teachers.
Cite this article:
B. Nayeema, B. Sreedhar Reddy, V. Tulasi Das. Mediating Role of Organisational Commitment on Organisational Citizenship Behaviour and its Impact on Job Satisfaction. Asian Journal of Management. 2021; 12(1):23-27. doi: 10.5958/2321-5763.2021.00004.4
B. Nayeema, B. Sreedhar Reddy, V. Tulasi Das. Mediating Role of Organisational Commitment on Organisational Citizenship Behaviour and its Impact on Job Satisfaction. Asian Journal of Management. 2021; 12(1):23-27. doi: 10.5958/2321-5763.2021.00004.4 Available on: https://ajmjournal.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-12-1-4
1. Abdulmajeed Saad Albalawi, Shahnaz Naugton, Malek Bakheet Elayan and Mohammad Tahseen Sleimi (2019). Perceived Organizational Support, Alternative Job Opportunity, Organizational Commitment, Job Satisfaction and Turnover Intention: A Moderated-mediated Model. Organizacija, Volume 52, Pp: 310- 324.
2. Ana Gutiérrez-Banegas (2019). Factors of Job Satisfaction in Universities. International Journal of Advanced Engineering, Management and Science, Vol-5, Issue-8, Pp: 481- 492.
3. Ardana I Made Dwi Wiraand Surya Ida Bagus Ketut (2019). The Effect of Servant Leadership towards Job Satisfaction and Lecturer’s Organizational Commitment at Dhyana Pura University. RJOAS, 12(96), Pp: 142- 149.
4. Azza H. Shalaby (2015). The Effect of Control Variables of Job Satisfaction and Organizational Citizenship on the Performance of External Auditor (Field Study in Saudi Arabia). International Journal of Finance and Accounting, 4(6), Pp: 311-323.
5. Chi Pingpingand Yi-Jian Huang (2019). A Study of Association Among Distributed Leadership, Organizational Commitment and Organizational Citizenship Behavior of Private Colleges in China. The International Journal of Organizational Innovation, Volume 12 Number 2, Pp: 105- 114.
6. Fassina, NE, Jones DA and Uggerslev KL (2008) Meta-analytic tests of relationships between organizational justice and organizational citizenship behavior: testing agent-system and shared-variance models. Journal of Organizational Behavior. 29: 805-828.
7. Feather, N. T., andRauter, K. A. (2004). Organizational citizenship behaviors in relation to job status, job insecurity, organizational commitment and identification, job satisfaction and work values. Journal of Occupational and Organizational Psychology, 77, Pp: 81-94.
8. Hayes, A. F. (2013). Methodology in the social sciences. Introduction to mediation, moderation, and conditional process analysis: A regression-based approach. Guilford Press.
9. Inass Salamah Ali and Vikram Jeet (2019). A Comparative Study of Organizational Commitment and Job Satisfaction in The Private and Government Professional Educational Institutions. International Journal of Human Resource Management and Research (IJHRMR), Vol. 9, Issue 2, Pp: 35-46.
10. Kota Neela Mani Kantaand Srivalli P (2017). Moderation of Organisational Politics on Job Satisfaction and Teaching effectiveness among Engineering Faculties. Asian J. Management; 8(4), Pp: 1365- 1369
11. MazinAldeinat, Mahamed Harith, Mahamed Shahar (2017). The effects of Organisational Support and Organisational Commitment on Organisational Citizenship Behaviour: The Mediating Role of Job Satisfaction. International Business Management 11(8-10), Pp: 1663- 1668.
12. Muhammad Idris Tumanggor, Nurdasila Darsono, Mahdani Ibrahim (2019). Impact of Job Satisfaction and Commitment to Performance: Organizational Citizenship Behavior (OCB) as a Mediator (Research on Teachers in State Islamic Elementary Schools (MIN) in Banda Aceh). Journal of Education and Practice, Vol.10, No.6, Pp: 47- 53.
13. Rahayu Endang Suryani, Herminda, Darmin (2019). Job Satisfaction and Citizenship Behavior of Employees of Private Universities in the Central Jakarta Region. International Review of Management and Marketing, 9(2), 54-56.
14. Ruchika (2017). A Study of Job Satisfaction amongst Government and Private School Teachers in Delhi. Asian J. Management; 8(1), Pp: 30-36
15. Savithri JJ, Maharayazh Mozhi S (2018). A study on the relationship between Leader Member Exchange and Organizational Citizenship Behaviour mediated by Organizational Commitment. IOSR Journal of Business and Management, Volume 20, Issue 8. Ver. IV, Pp: 10-15.
16. Shiney Chiband Abhilash Gomkar (2019). The Mediating Effect of Organizational Commitment in Leadership, Job satisfaction and Organizational Culture with Organizational Citizenship Behavior. International Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research, Volume 10, Issue 3, Pp: 110- 122.
17. Shweta Rajput, Mayank Singhal, Shiv Kant Tiwari (2016). Job Satisfaction and Employee Loyalty: A study of Academicians. Asian J. Management; 7(2), Pp: 105- 109
18. Tarek A. El Badawy, Juana Cecilia Trujillo-Reyesand Mariam M. Magdy (2017). The Demographics’ Effects on Organizational Culture, Organizational Citizenship Behavior and Job Satisfaction: Evidence from Egypt and Mexico. Business and Management Research, Vol. 6, No. 1, Pp: 28- 41.
19. Tarlika L. Zalawadia (2019). A Study of Job Satisfaction, Organizational Commitment and Union Involvement. The International Journal of Indian Psychology, Volume 7, Issue 2, Pp: 976- 982.
20. Todo SY (2003) A causal model depiction the influence of selected task and employee variables on organizational citizenship behavior. Unpublished PhD Thesis, The Florida State University, CA. USA.
21. Vijit Chaturvedi and MK Sethi (2010). Job satisfaction among academicians:-A study with reference to Management Colleges (both Government and Private) in Faridabad. Asian J. Management 1(1), Pp: 4- 7
22. Zahra Pouramini and Marjan Fayyazi (2015). The Relationship between Positive Organizational Behavior with Job Satisfaction, Organizational Citizenship Behavior, and Employee Engagement. International Business Research; Vol. 8, No. 9, Pp: 57- 66.