Manya Yadav, Charvi Makhija, Shakuntla Jain, Preeti Chawla
Email ID Not Available
Ms. Manya Yadav1, Ms. Charvi Makhija2, Dr. Shakuntla Jain3, Dr. Preeti Chawla4
1Student, Bal Bharti Public School, Delhi.
2Student, Prestige Public School, Indore.
3Visiting Faculty, Prestige Institute of Management and Research, Indore (M.P.), India.
4Assistant Professor, The North Cap University, Gurugram.
Volume - 12,
Issue - 4,
Year - 2021
The study intended to explore the internal locus of control of male and female students of management institutes in Delhi, NCR, and a psychological social learning theory that is thoroughly investigated its implications on leadership abilities of an individual. The primary research strategy employed was the survey strategy. Respondents were requested to fill in a questionnaire that was intended to test their locus of control. The study surveyed 400 students who are pursuing management. The t test was applied to identify the relationship between gender and locus of control. The study aimed to explore the locus of control of management students. Hence, present study was carrying out to compare locus of control between female and male learners of management institutes in Delhi, NCR. The study was based on primary data, and participants were drawn from a pool of students seeking management education. The findings reveal that there is no statistically significant difference in locus of control between male and female students. The current study's findings can be used to contradict or support earlier studies on locus of control.
Cite this article:
Manya Yadav, Charvi Makhija, Shakuntla Jain, Preeti Chawla. Internal Locus of Control among the students of Delhi NCR. Asian Journal of Management. 2021;12(4):483-6. doi: 10.52711/2321-5763.2021.00075
Manya Yadav, Charvi Makhija, Shakuntla Jain, Preeti Chawla. Internal Locus of Control among the students of Delhi NCR. Asian Journal of Management. 2021;12(4):483-6. doi: 10.52711/2321-5763.2021.00075 Available on: https://ajmjournal.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-12-4-23
1. Bonnett, C. and Furnham, A. (1991). Who wants to be an Entrepreneur? A Study of Adolescents Interested in a Young Enterprise Scheme. Journal of Economic Psychology, 12(3), 465-478.
2. Bowling, N.; Eschleman, K. and Wang, Q. (2010). A Meta Analytic Examination of Work and General Locus of Control. Journal of Applied Psychology, 95(4), 761-768.
3. Çağlar, S.; Dinçyurek, S. and Silman, F. (2009). Determination of the Locus of Control and Level of Assertiveness of the Students Studying in the TRNC in Terms of Different Variables. Procedia Social and Behavioral Sciences, 1(1), 12–22.
4. Clarke, D. (2004). Neuroticism: Moderator or Mediator in the Relation between Locus of Control and Depression. Journal Personality and Individual Differences, 37, 245–258.
5. Cochran, W. (1963). Sampling Techniques, Wiley, New York.
6. Cromie, S. (2000). Assessing Entrepreneurial Inclination: Some Approaches and Empirical Evidence. European Journal of Work and Organizational Psychology, 9(1), 7-30.
7. Elliott, J. (1997). Locus of Control, Personal Control, and the Counselling of Children with Learning and/or Behaviour Problems. British Journal of Guidance and Counselling, 25(1), 27-46.
8. Fine, S.; Meng, H.; Feldman, G. and Nevo, B. (2012). Psychological Predictors of Successful Entrepreneurship in China: An Empirical Study. International Journal of Management, 29(1/2), 279- 292.
9. Ghasemzadeh, A. and Saadat, M. (2011). Locus of Control in Iranian University Student and its Relationship with Academic Achievement. Procedia Social and Behavioral Sciences, 30, 2491–2496.
10. Gifford, S. (2003). Risk and uncertainty. In Handbook of entrepreneurship research (pp. 37-53). Springer, Boston, MA.
11. Gürol, Y. and Atsan, N. (2006). Entrepreneurial Characteristics amongst University Students: Some Insights for Entrepreneurship Education and Training in Turkey. Education + Training, 48(1), 25–38.
12. Hisrich, R. and Peters, M. (1998). Entrepreneurship (4th ed.). Boston: Irwin Mcgraw Hill.
13. Ho, T. and Koh, H. (1992). Differences in Psychological Characteristics between Entrepreneurially Inclined and Non-Entrepreneurially Inclined Accounting Graduates in Singapore. Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Change: An International Journal, 1, 43-54.
14. Kader, A. (2014). Locus of Control, Student Motivation, and Achievement in Principles of Microeconomics. American International Journal of Contemporary Research, 4(9), 1-24.
15. Karabulut, A. (2016). Personality Traits on Entrepreneurial Intention. Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences, 229, 12-21.
16. Kaufmann, P. and Welsh, D. (1995). Locus of Control and Entrepreneurship in the Russian Republic. Entrepreneurship: Theory and Practice, 20 (l), 43-56.
17. Khan, M.; Ahmed, I.; Nawaz, M. and Ramzan, M. (2011). Impact of Personality Traits on Entrepreneurial Intentions of University Students. Interdisciplinary Journal of Research in Business, 1(4), 51-57.
18. Koh, H. (1996). Testing Hypotheses of Entrepreneurial Characteristics: A Study of Hong Kong MBA students. Journal of Managerial Psychology, 11 (3), 1225.
19. Kusmintarti, A.; Thoyib, A.; Ashar, K. and Maskie, G. (2014). The Relationships among Entrepreneurial Characteristics, Entrepreneurial Attitude, and Entrepreneurial Intention.IOSR Journal of Business and Management, 16(6), 25-32.
20. Kutanis, R.; Mesci, M. and Övdür, Z. (2011). The Effects of Locus of Control on Learning Performance: A Case of an academic Organization. Journal of Economic and Social Studies, 1(2), 113.
21. Lefcourt, H. (1976). Locus of Control: Current Trends in Theory and Research. Hilldale: new Jersey, Erthaum.
22. Lynton, N. (2012). Connected but not alike: Cross-Cultural Comparison of Generation Y in China and South Africa. Academy of Taiwan Business Management Review, 8(1), 67-80.
23. McClelland, D. (1961). The Achieving Society. Free Press, New York.
24. Meghan, M. (2012). Satisfaction in Adult Romantic Relationships after Parental Divorce: The Role of Locus of Control. Natalie Hill.
25. Nunnally, C. (1978). Psychometric theory. McGraw-Hill: New York, NY.
26. Parsons, O. and Schneider, J. (1974). Locus of Control in University Students from Eastern and Western Societies. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 42(3), 456.
27. Perry, C. (1990). After Further Sightings of the Heffalump. Journal of Managerial Psychology, 5(2), 22-31.
28. Phares, E. (1973). Locus of Control: A Personality Determinant of Behavior. General Learning Press.
29. Rastegar, M. and Heidari, N. (2013). The Relationship between Locus of Control, Test Anxiety, and Religious Orientation among Iranian EFL Students. Scientific Research, 3, 73-78.
30. Rauch, A. and Frese, M. (2007). Let's put the person back into entrepreneurship research: A meta-analysis on the relationship between business owners' personality traits, business creation, and success. European Journal of work and organizational psychology, 16(4), 353-385.
31. Rauch, A. and Frese, M. (2000). Psychological Approaches to Entrepreneurial Success: A General Model and an Overview of Findings. In C. Cooper and I. Robertson (Eds), International Review of Industrial and Organizational Psychology 2000. Chichester: Wiley.
32. Robinson, P.; Stimpson, D.; Huefner, J. and Hunt, H. (1991a). An Attitude Approach to the Prediction of Entrepreneurship. Entrepreneurship: Theory and Practice, 15(4), 13-31.
33. Rotter, J. (1954). Social learning and Clinical Psychology. New York: Prentice-Hall.
34. Rotter, J. (1966). Generalized Expectancies for Internal versus External Control of Reinforcement. Psychological Monographs, 80 (1), 609.
35. Schultz, D. and Schultz, S. (2013). Theories of Personality, Wadsworth, 10th ed., CA, USA.
36. Selltiz, C.; Wrightsman, L. and Cook, W. (1976). Research Methods in Social Relations. Holt, Rinehart and Winston: New York, NY.
37. Turker, D. and Sonmez, S. (2009). Which Factors affect Entrepreneurial Intention of University Students? Journal of European Industrial Training, 33(2), 142-159.
38. Wehmeyer, M. (1993). Gender Differences in Locus of Control Scores for Students with Learning Disabilities. Percept Mot Skills, 77(2), 359-366.
39. Zaidi, I. and Mohsin, M. (2013). Locus of Control in Graduation Students. International Journal of Psychological Research, 6(1), 15-20.