Anoop Kumar Atria, Harbhan Singh
Dr. Anoop Kumar Atria1, Dr. Harbhan Singh2*
1Assistant Professor, Department of Economics, SPC Government College, Ajmer Rajasthan.
2Assistant Professor, Department of Business Administration, SPC Government College, Ajmer Rajasthan.
Volume - 12,
Issue - 4,
Year - 2021
This paper envisages with the analysis of Buying Behaviour originated from packaging and its associated factors. During the regress pandemic situations, the buyers have reacted in different ways. This research is an effort to measures such preferences which have been placed significantly in the minds of buyers with notable distinction upon online shopping mode. We have approached more than 700 consumers, but somehow only 387 responded adequately. We collected their data and asked about their demographics and preferences for specific dimensions through the questionnaire. We have applied various univariate and multivariate statistical techniques and found a significant relationship between packaging and buying behaviour. The present study focuses upon the buying behaviour of consumers derived from packaging and related variables. It is expected that the study will unquestionably add significant knowledge in the areas of consumer behaviour with extraordinary contrast to packaging and intermediary processes.
Cite this article:
Anoop Kumar Atria, Harbhan Singh. An Impact Analysis of Packaging on Consumer’s Buying Behaviour in Online Shopping Mode. Asian Journal of Management. 2021;12(4):496-2. doi: 10.52711/2321-5763.2021.00078
Anoop Kumar Atria, Harbhan Singh. An Impact Analysis of Packaging on Consumer’s Buying Behaviour in Online Shopping Mode. Asian Journal of Management. 2021;12(4):496-2. doi: 10.52711/2321-5763.2021.00078 Available on: https://ajmjournal.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-12-4-26
1. Abdullah, M., Kalam, A., and Akterujjaman, S. M. (2013). Packaging factors determining consumer buying decisions. International Journal of Humanities and Management Sciences (IJHMS) Volume, 1.
2. Bakshi, S., Choudhary, H., and Badal, P. S. (2019). A multistage sampling case study in India of food packaging on buyers’ behavior. Asian Journal of Agricultural Extension, Economics and Sociology, 1-7.
3. Bhattacharjee, B. J., and Bhattacharjee, D. (2005). Impact of Packaging on the Buying Behaviour of Consumers in a Communicationally Remote Urban Area. Research Bulletin of the Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India, 27, 200-204.
4. Clement, J. (2007). Visual influence on in-store buying decisions: an eye-track experiment on the visual influence of packaging design. Journal of Marketing Management, 23(9-10), 917-928.
5. Deliya, M. (2012). Consumer behavior towards the new packaging of FMCG products. Natl. Mon. Ref. J. Res. Commer. Manag.
6. Deliya, M. M. M., and Parmar, M. B. J. (2012). Role of Packaging on Consumer Buying Behavior “Patan District. global Journal of Management and Business Research, 12(10).
7. Draskovic, N., Temperley, J., and Pavicic, J. (2009). Comparative perception (s) of consumer goods packaging: Croatian consumers perspective (s). International Journal of Management Cases, 11(2), 154-163.
8. Friedrich, D. (2020). Consumer behaviour towards Wood-Polymer packaging in convenience and shopping goods: A comparative analysis to conventional materials. Resources, Conservation and Recycling, 163, 105097.
9. Gbadamosi, A. (2020). Buyer behaviour in the 21st century: Implications for SME marketing. In Entrepreneurship Marketing (pp. 72-96). Routledge.
10. Hao, Y., Liu, H., Chen, H., Sha, Y., Ji, H., and Fan, J. (2019). What affects consumers' willingness to pay for green Packaging? Evidence from China. Resources, Conservation and Recycling, 141, 21-29.
11. Knox, S., and de Chernatony, L. (1990). a buyer behaviour Approach to Merchandising and Product Policy. International Journal of Retail and Distribution Management.
12. Lisińska-Kuśnierz, M., and Ucherek, M. (2011). Essence of holistic angle on development of consumer behaviour by packaging. Towaroznawcze Problemy Jakości, (4), 66-72.
13. Nancarrow, C., Wright, L. T., and Brace, I. (1998). Gaining competitive advantage from packaging and labelling in marketing communications. British Food Journal.
14. Ogba, I. E., and Johnson, R. (2010). How packaging affects the product preferences of children and the buyer behaviour of their parents in the food industry. Young Consumers.
15. Poturak, M. (2014). Influence of product packaging on purchase decisions. European Journal of Social and Human Sciences, (3), 144-150.
16. Raheem, A. R., Vishnu, P. A. R. M. A. R., and Ahmed, A. M. (2014). Impact of product packaging on Consumer's buying behavior. European journal of scientific research, 122(2), 125-134.
17. Rambabu, L., and Porika, R. (2020). Packaging strategies: knowledge outlook on consumer buying behaviour. Journal of Industry-University Collaboration.
18. Rokka, J., and Uusitalo, L. (2008). Preference for green packaging in consumer product choices–do consumers care?. International Journal of Consumer Studies, 32(5), 516-525.
19. Scott, L., and Vigar‐Ellis, D. (2014). Consumer understanding, perceptions and behaviours with regard to environmentally friendly packaging in a developing nation. International journal of consumer studies, 38(6), 642-649.
20. Shah, S., Ahmed, A., and Ahmad, N. (2013). Role of Packaging in consumer buying behavior. International Review of Basic and Applied Sciences, 1(2), 35-41.
21. Singh, G., and Pandey, N. (2018). The determinants of green packaging that influence buyers’ willingness to pay a price premium. Australasian Marketing Journal (AMJ), 26(3), 221-230.
22. Spence, C., and Velasco, C. (2018). On the multiple effects of packaging colour on consumer behaviour and product experience in the ‘food and beverage’and ‘home and personal care’categories. Food Quality and Preference, 68, 226-237.
23. Thφgersen, J. (1999). The ethical consumer. Moral norms and packaging choice. Journal of Consumer Policy, 22(4), 439-460.