Financial Inclusion refers to the accessibility of financial products and services like bank accounts, insurance, remittance and payment services, financial advisory services etc., to vulnerable groups such as weaker sections of society and low-income group at an affordable cost. Digital payment system plays a significant role in the upliftment of Financial Inclusion. After demonetization, Digital payments system has gained high growth. Now a days, there is an inclusive growth focused on financial inclusion. Collectively, these are achieved with the enabling of new banking technology. Many banks have arrived with new banking technology that took place in the new scenario of banking customers that is called “Digital Finance”. Thus, digital finance has given a new shape to the banking industry. This research paper focuses on the examination of various factors affecting the adoption of Digital Payments services on Financial Inclusion among the young generation. The primary data has been collected from the students of various colleges and universities situated in Jharkhand state. The collected data has been analyzed, and interpretation is based on the output-derived and factor analyzed. The critical factors which influence the adoption of digital payment services among the students majorly depend on accessibility, availability, and financial feasibility. However, the data collection from the backward rural areas of Jharkhand is difficult as they hesitate to share their financial information and data collection was a challenging task. In this research article, an attempt has been made to study significantly on the factors affecting the adoption of Digital payments on Financial Inclusion in the Jharkhand Region, which to the best of my knowledge has not been broadly attempted, which is a unique contribution to the literature. For more insight on the topic a similar study can be done with addition to various mediating factors in various geographical areas by applying advance research analysis tools and techniques.
Cite this article:
Dimpal Singhania, Goutam Tanty. Understanding of important factors for the adoption of Digital Payments. Asian Journal of Management. 2023;14(3):161-5. doi: 10.52711/2321-5763.2023.00027
Dimpal Singhania, Goutam Tanty. Understanding of important factors for the adoption of Digital Payments. Asian Journal of Management. 2023;14(3):161-5. doi: 10.52711/2321-5763.2023.00027 Available on: https://ajmjournal.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-14-3-1
1. Alkhowaiter, W. A. Digital payment and banking adoption research in Gulf countries: A systematic literature review. International Journal of Information Management. 2020; 53: 102.
2. Bara, D. A. Digital Payment Adoption during COVID-19 Situation among Urban Smartphone users in Ranchi, Jharkhand, India. Journal of Advanced Research in Humanities and Social Sciences. 2022; 8(4): 1-5.
3. Daud, I., Nurjannahe, D., Mohyi, A., Ambarwati, T., Cahyono, Y., Haryoko, A. E. and Jihadi, M. The effect of digital marketing, digital finance and digital payment on finance performance of indonesian smes. International Journal of Data and Network Science. 2022; 6: 37-44.
4. Durai, T., and Stella, G. Digital finance and its impact on financial inclusion. Journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Research. 2021; 6(1): 122-127.
5. Patil, P. P., Dwivedi, Y. K., and Rana, N. P. Digital payments adoption: an analysis of literature. In Digital Nations–Smart Cities, Innovation, and Sustainability: 16th IFIP WG 6.11 Conference on e-Business, e-Services, and e-Society, Delhi, India, November 21–23, 2017, Proceedings 16 (pp. 61-70). Springer International Publishing.
6. Sahi, A. M., Khalid, H., Abbas, A. F., and Khatib, S. F. The evolving research of customer adoption of digital payment: Learning from content and statistical analysis of the literature. Journal of Open Innovation: Technology, Market, and Complexity. 2021; 7(4): 230
7. Sivathanu, B. Adoption of digital payment systems in the era of demonetization in India: An empirical study. Journal of Science and Technology Policy Management. 2019; 10(1): 143-171.
8. Sinha, S. N., Tanty, G., and Panigrahi, R. R. E-commerce and m-commerce growth, issues and challenges in india. International Journal of Scientific and Technology Research. 2019 https://www. ijstr. org/final-print/dec2019/E-commerce-M-commerce-Growth-Issues-Challenges-In-India. pdf.
9. Wang, Q., Yang, J., Chiu, Y. H., and Lin, T. Y. The impact of digital finance on financial efficiency. Managerial and Decision Economics. 2020; 41(7): 1225-1236.