An online festival sale is the most awaited event in India for online shoppers. The aim of this research is to identify the reasons for not shopping during festival season sale among experienced online MBA shoppers of HPUBS. The results of the study highlighted that 100 percent of students have regular access to the internet, have prior online shopping experience during festival sale season and were aware of online festival sale that started on 29th September 2019. Still, 32.3 percent of students did not purchase during the festival season. Among the organizational reasons, respondents showed concern about the quality; and delay during the sale; and among personal reasons, no money to shop and previous bad shopping experience during the festival season were the top most reasons for not buying. The results of the study can help the marketer to make strategies by managing organizational and personal reasons causing hindrance in the way to shop.
Cite this article:
Neeti Gupta. What Stopped Experienced Online Shoppers from Buying: The Major Concerns during Annual Festival Season Sale. Asian Journal of Management. 2020;11(3):241-244. doi: 10.5958/2321-5763.2020.00037.2
1. ET Online Newspaper. Oct 11, 2019. Amazon, Flipkart generate Rs 19,000 cr in festive sales, Flipkart takes lead. Available on https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/small-biz/startups/newsbuzz/amazon-flipkart-sales-generate-rs-19000-crore-in-6-days/articleshow/71491146.cms
2. Swinyard, W. R., and Smith, S. M. (2003). Why people (don't) shop online: A lifestyle study of the internet consumer. Psychology and Marketing , 20(7), 567-597.
3. Cho, C.-H., Kang, J., and Cheon, H. J. (2006). Online Shopping Hesitation. Cyberpsychology and Behavior , 9(3), 261-274.
4. Aziz, N. N., and Wahid, N. A. (2018). Why Consumers are Hesitant to Shop Online: The Major Concerns towards Online Shopping. International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences , 8 (9), 1175-1185.
5. Mugdha, V., and Bansal, V. (2018). Consumer Complaints May Surge 20% in Season of Ecommerce Sales. Economic Times.