“There is no business on a dead planet”- David Brower, Conservationist (USA)
Finance is one of the most imperative parts of any sector. So when the world of finance was combined with the environment, there was the introduction of ‘Green Finance’. It means financial support to sustainable development. Due to drastic changes in climate, there is an urgent need to look into environmental issues. Hence, Green Finance is a two-way interaction between environment and finance. Therefore, this study focuses on the different types of Green Financial Products, examines the challenges to green financing and initiatives taken by the government. The study is descriptive and analytical in nature and based on secondary data. The study found that there are many financial products available in the market but due to lack of awareness among the investors and companies, the knowledge of green finance is lacking. It is also necessary to have analytical capabilities among investors to nurture green finance in the developing country.
Cite this article:
Khyati Kochhar. Green Finance: An approach towards Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Asian Journal of Management. 2022;13(1):17-0. doi: 10.52711/2321-5763.2022.00004
Khyati Kochhar. Green Finance: An approach towards Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Asian Journal of Management. 2022;13(1):17-0. doi: 10.52711/2321-5763.2022.00004 Available on: https://ajmjournal.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-13-1-4
1. Bai, Y. Financing a Green Future: An examination of China’s banking sector for green finance. IIIEE Master Thesis. 2011
2. Brief, C. D. Accelerating Green Finance in India: Definitions and Beyond. 2020
3. Chowdhury, T., Datta, R., and Mohajan, H. Green finance is essential for economic development and Sustainability. 2013
4. Cui, Y. Analyzing green finance incentives: an empirical study of the Chinese banking sector (Master's thesis, University of Waterloo). 2017
5. Jha, B., and Bakhshi, P. Green finance: Fostering sustainable development in India. International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering; 2019. 8 (4), 3798-3801.
6. Pedersen, S. M., and Slette, S. B. Financing the Transition to a Green Economy-An empirical investigation of how Norwegian firms can achieve business models for sustainability (Master's thesis, NTNU). 2016
7. Reddy, A. S. B. Green Finance-Financial Support for Sustainable Development. International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, 2018. 118(20), 645-652.
8. Soppe, A. Finance as an instrument to a sustainable company. 2006 https://www.climatepolicyinitiative.org/publication/landscape-of-green-finance/ https://www.financialexpress.com/industry/banking-finance/policy-action-needed-to-boost- green-financing-rbi/1803532/