B. L. Gupta, Pratibha Bundela Gupta
firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
B. L. Gupta1, Pratibha Bundela Gupta2
1Professor, Education Management, National Institute of Technical Teachers’ Training and Research, Bhopal.
2Ph. D. Scholar, IPER, Institute of Management, Bhopal.
Volume - 14,
Issue - 1,
Year - 2023
The accreditation of diploma engineering programmes is almost negligible in the country. It is a matter of great concern. The researchers conducted a descriptive cross-sectional study to design strategies to encourage polytechnic colleges to improve the quality of diploma engineering programmes and apply for obtaining accreditation in the next two years. A brief review of the literature revealed that studies are not available on polytechnic education and whatever is available can not be replicated in changing scenarios of polytechnic in the context of the national education policy 2020. Researchers designed instrument used to know the views of officials and faculty members on strategies at the state, polytechnic, and faculty members levels. The researchers received 525 responses to the research questions that were classified, analyzed, and interpreted to articulate the strategies at three levels. The responses indicate that there is a need to assuring the quality of education at the state, polytechnic, and faculty members levels, innovate it and sustain it in the context of developments taking place in the industry and technical education. Limitations of the study and areas for study are suggested.
Cite this article:
B. L. Gupta, Pratibha Bundela Gupta. Accreditation of Diploma Engineering Programmes. Asian Journal of Management.2023;14(1):81-3. doi: 10.52711/2321-5763.2023.00014
B. L. Gupta, Pratibha Bundela Gupta. Accreditation of Diploma Engineering Programmes. Asian Journal of Management.2023;14(1):81-3. doi: 10.52711/2321-5763.2023.00014 Available on: https://ajmjournal.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-14-1-14
1. AICTE. Student Induction Programme. All India Council for Technical Education, New Delhi.2018.
2. AICTE. Mardarshak. All India Council for Technical Education, New Delhi.2020.
3. AICTE. National Initiative for Technical Teachers Training. All India Council for Technical Education, New Delhi.2020.
4. Gupta B. L. et al. Statistical Analysis of Facilitating and Impeding Factors for the Sustenance of Autonomy. Asian Journal of Management, 2021.12(3), 258-264. doi:10.52711/2321-5763.2021.00039.
5. Gupta B. L. Washington Accord, Signatory Status and Beyond: An Indian Perspective. IJAS International Conference for Teaching and Education American University of Rome October 2014, (pp. 1-8).
6. Banthiya N. K. Accreditation of Undergraduate Engineering Degree Programmes in India: Changes due to Washington Accord. Journal of Engineering, Science and Management Education, 2012, 5(2), 445-451.
7. Burbano A. Faculty Engagement and Participation in the context of an International Accreditation Project. 2017, 978-1-5090-6581-3/17/$31.00 ©2017 IEEE.
8. Dhepe G. M. Course Outcome and Program Outcome in Reference to NBA Accreditation Procedures for Diploma Engineering Programs. International Engineering Journal For Research & Development, 2019, 4, 1-11.
9. Gaston D. H. Quality assurance and Accreditation in Challenging Times. Association of American Colleges & Universities. 2016.
10. Wickersham Mary Eleanor and Basey Stephane. Is accreditation sufficient? A case study and argument for transperency when government regulatory authority is delegated, JHHSA FALL, 2016 266-282
11. Gupta B. L. Preparation for Obtaining Accreditation. Journal of Engineering Science and Management Education, 2012, 5(2), 472-474.
12. Gupta B. L. Accreditation of Technical Programmes in India. INTED, 2013, (pp. 1-11).
13. Hall, Joshua. Higher - Education Accreditation Market Regulation or Government Regulation? The Independent Review, 2012 17(2), 233-238.
14. Ibrahim, H. A. Quality Assurance and Accreditation in Education. Open Journal of Education, 2014, 106-110.
15. Kohli, N. Role of Accreditation in Engineering Education. 2014 IEEE International Conference on MOOC, Innovation and Technology in Education (MITE), 2014, pp. 157-159).
16. Mane, S. D. Accreditation of UG Engineering Programmes in India: Enhanced Role of Teaching Fraternity. International Journal of Scientific Engineering and Applied Science (IJSEAS), 2015, 1(6), 1-7.
17. Martino Andreani. Shadows over Accreditation in Higher Education: Some Quantitative Evidences. Higher Education, 2020, 79, 691-709.
18. Mathew J Manimala. Facilitation and Regulation of Educational Institutions: The Role of Accreditation. VIKALPA, The Journal of Decision Makers, 2020, 45(1), 7-14.
19. MHRD. National Education Policy 2020. Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, New Delhi. 2020.
20. Moscinska K. Stakeholders-oriented Quality of Education Assurance System for successful Institutional Accreditation. IEEE Global Engineering Education Conference (EDUCON), 2014 (pp. 1006-1009).
21. Moscinska, Katarzyna. Stakehoders-oriented Quality of Education Assurance System for Successful Institutional Accreditation. 2014 IEEE Global Engineering Education Conference (EDUCON), 2014, (pp. 1006-1009).
22. NAAC. Institutional Accreditation, Manual for Self Study Report. National Assessment and Accreditation Council, Bengaluru.2019.
23. NBA. General Manual for Accreditation. National Board of Accreditation, New Delhi. 2019.
24. Neal J. S. Accreditation's Future: A New Vision of Quality Assurance for Colleges. Azusa Pacific University.2015.
25. Nusrat- Jahan Abubakar. Development of Total Quality Management Framework for Higher Education Institutions in Ghana- A Case Study of Three Public Universities. Asian Journal of Management, 2018, 9(1), 383-392.
26. Pakkeerappa, A. K. Employee Engagement: A Study on Perception of Teachers in Higher Education. Asian Journal of Management, 2021, 12(3), 286-290.
27. Jain Parul et al. Accreditation of Engineering Education: A Comprehensive Assessment Plan. International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering (IJITEE), 2020, 9(4), 646-657.
28. Pradeep Kumar. Impact of Accreditation on Quality and Excellence of Higher education Institutions. Revista Invistigacion Operacional, 2020, 41(2), 151- 67.
29. Gupta Pratibha Bundela. Competency Framework for Accreditation Coordinators. Asian Journal of Management, 2021, 12(4), 1-9.
30. Rawabdeh A. The Internationalization and Globalization of Institutional and Program Accreditation in Higher Education: Quality Assurance Building Pillars. International Journal of Business Insights and Transformation, 2017, 10(2).
31. Sam Rosidah Sam, Johari Juliana et.al. An Insight Into the Process of Self-Assessment Report for the Purpose of Accreditation of an Engineering Programme: Barriers and Problems. 4th International Congress on Engineering Education Penang Malaysia. 2012
32. Sahay B. S. Excellence through Accreditation in Indian B-Schools. Global Journal of Flexible Systems Management, 2007, 8(4), 9-16.
33. Samadda, S. B. Importance of International Accreditation for Institutions and the Role of Private Certification Bodies. Asian Journal of Management, 2020, 11(3), 279-283.
34. Shaposhnikov S. O. Accreditation of Engineering Degree Programs: What is New? International Conference on Quality Management, Transport and Information Security, Information Technologies. 2020.
35. Shevgaonkar R. K. Future Outcome-Based Approach for Accreditation. International Workshop on Institutional and Programme Accreditation: Connections and Opportunities. 2021.
36. Surwade Kunal S. A Review of NBA’s Accreditation Criteria for Programmes in Pharmacy. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Technology, 2019, 11(1), 35-38.
37. Udupa Akhila. Implication of service quality model for medical tourism in India, Asian Journal of Management, 2010, 1(2) pp65-68.
38. UGC. Quality Mandate for Higher Education Institutions in India. University Grants Commission, New Delhi.2021.
39. Vyas H. S. Challenges Facing Management Education – An Indian Perspective. Asian Journal of Management, 2014, 5(2), 235-239.
40. Webler W. Evaluation and Accreditation of Higher Education Establishments in Ukraine. European Education, 2012, 34(1), 5-25.