Nishu Ayedee, Sanjay Manocha
Nishu.email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Nishu Ayedee1, Dr. Sanjay Manocha2
1Bharati Vidyapeeth (Deemed to be University), Institute of Management and Research, Paschim Vihar, New Delhi.
2Bharati Vidyapeeth (Deemed to be University), Institute of Management and Research, Paschim Vihar, New Delhi.
Volume - 11,
Issue - 4,
Year - 2020
Entire world is going through health crisis due of COVID-19. There is a huge urge in all the doctors, scientists and government officials to find the vaccine for the pandemic spread. Since the world is facing completely new and dreadful diseases, the role of media especially television has played a very positive and responsible role in keeping the countrymen calm and motivated. Television is playing a crucial role where the government and the officials are able to connect with the general public in spreading the quick and fast appeals and guidelines in battling the crisis worldwide. The people feel emotionally connected with television and feel secured and safe with the daily updates and information given out by this old medium. In this scenario, it is quite possible that the country faces a huge situation of riots, panic and disturbed environment which may lead to another big disaster in the country along with the spread of the deadly virus. To keep this situation in control and keeping the best of calmness and peace in the country, the television and news makers have played a crucial role in combating with rumors and spreading a positive and motivated atmosphere in the country. It is turned out to be the most serious box from the silliest box from idiot box to patriot box.
Cite this article:
Nishu Ayedee, Sanjay Manocha. Role of Media (Television) in Creating Positive Atmosphere in Covid 19 during Lockdown in India. Asian Journal of Management. 2020;11(4):370-378. doi: 10.5958/2321-5763.2020.00057.8
Nishu Ayedee, Sanjay Manocha. Role of Media (Television) in Creating Positive Atmosphere in Covid 19 during Lockdown in India. Asian Journal of Management. 2020;11(4):370-378. doi: 10.5958/2321-5763.2020.00057.8 Available on: https://ajmjournal.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2020-11-4-2
1. Bloomberg. (2020,, January 21). Bloomberg.com. Retrieved from https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-01-20/china-s-food-markets-can-be-breeding-grounds-for-deadly-viruses.
2. Broadcast Audience Research Council, B. (2018). https:// theatlas.com/charts/SyuAsDdN7.
3. grades, H. (2020, 12). Retrieved from https:// www.healthgrades.com/right-care/infections-and-contagious-diseases/viral-diseases.
4. Organization, W. H. (2020, 04 17). Retrieved from https:// www.who.int/news-room/q-a-detail/q-a-coronaviruses.
5. Prevention, C. f. (2019). cdc.gov. Retrieved from https:// www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/summary.h.
6. Suneera Tandon. (2018, 07 28). Broadcast Audience Research Council, BARC's. Retrieved from https://qz.com/india/1341882/tv-viewership-rising-in-india-despite-netflix-hotstar/.
7. TV, I. ( 2020, May 22). Retrieved from https:// www.indiatvnews.com/entertainment/tv/mahabharat-dominates-trp-ratings-and-becomes-no-1-show-ramayan-missing-from-top-5-619546.