Very recently, it is seen that mergers and acquisitions are lofty in Indian business which is evident in International reports from Forbes, U.S. News and World Report and National news report and research reports. In this situation, it is believed that brand consolidations are obligation to Big brands among two companies business models because it makes sense that they have to present one voice and one brand should represent the marketplace. The real issue here is that when strategic decisions are not made properly during brand consolidation it may lead to doom. This study addresses the various aspects bound to take place during strategic decisions when CEO does not focus on brand architecture.
Cite this article:
Hemantha Y. An Emerging Concerns on Strategic formulation in Brand consolidation. Asian Journal of Management. 2020;11(2):181-186. doi: 10.5958/2321-5763.2020.00028.1
1. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consolidation_(business), Internet Literature, Accessed on Dec 10th 2019
2. https://bizfluent.com/facts-7203391-consolidation-strategy-.html,Internet Literature, Accessed on Dec 30th 2019
3. Joe Taylor Jr (2020). https://smallbusiness.chron.com/business-consolidate-5114.html , Accessed on Jan 1th to 20th 2020
4. Petromilli, M., Morrison, D. and Million, M. (2002), Brand architecture: building brand portfolio value, Strategy and Leadership, 30(5) , pp. 22-28.
5. Uggla, H. (2015). Aligning Brand Portfolio Strategy with Business Strategy. IUP Journal of Brand Management, 12(3).
6. Isberg, S., and Pitta, D. (2013). Using financial analysis to assess brand equity. Journal of Product and Brand Management, 22(1), pp.65-78.
7. Muzellec, L., and Lambkin, M. C. (2009). Corporate branding and brand architecture: a conceptual framework. Marketing Theory, 9(1), pp.39-54
8. Chang, W. L. (2009). Roadmap of co-branding positions and strategies. The Journal of American Academy of Business, 15(1), pp.77-84
9. Morgan, N. A., and Rego, L. L. (2009). Brand portfolio strategy and firm performance. Journal of Marketing, 73(1), pp.59–74
10. Trond Riiber Knudsen, Lars Finskud, Richard Törnblom, and Egil Hogna (1997). Brand Consolidation makes a lot of economic sense. Mckinsey Quarterly, 4, pg.189
11. https://www.investopedia.com/terms/b/business-consolidation.asp, Internet Literature, Accessed between Dec 1st to 20th, 2019
12. Dwivedi, A., Merrilees, B., and Sweeney, A. (2010). Brand extension feedback effects: A holistic framework. Journal of Brand Management, 17(5), pp. 328-342
13. Knudsen, T. R., Finskud, L., Törnblom, R., and Hogna, E. (1997). Brand consolidation makes a lot of economic sense. McKinsey Quarterly, pp.189-193
14. Kachba, Y. R., Ferreira, M. G. G., and Hatakeyama, K. Innovate strategies for consolidation of clusters of Textile Industry
15. 14.Carlotti Jr, S. J., Coe, M. E., and Perrey, J. (2004). brand portfolios. The McKinsey Quarterly, (4), 24.
16. Lin, J., Chen, Q., and Kawamura, K. (2016). Sustainability SI: logistics cost and environmental impact analyses of urban delivery consolidation strategies. Networks and Spatial Economics, 16(1),pp. 227-253.
17. Hwang, J., and Han, H. (2014). Examining strategies for maximizing and utilizing brand prestige in the luxury cruise industry. Tourism Management, 40, pp.244-259.
18. Olbrich, R., Jansen, H. C., and Hundt, M. (2017). Effects of pricing strategies and product quality on private label and national brand performance. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 34, pp.294-301.
19. Okonkwo, U. (2009). The luxury brand strategy challenge. Journal of Brand Management, 16(5-6), pp.287-289
20. Sjøvaag, H. (2014). Homogenisation or differentiation? The effects of consolidation in the regional newspaper market. Journalism Studies, 15(5), pp.511-521.
21. Hoffmann, J., and Lecamp, L. (2015). Independent luxury: The four innovation strategies to endure in the consolidation jungle. Springer. Its a book http://mail.tku.edu.tw/wlchang/JAABC-09.pdf
22. Louro, M. J., and Cunha, P. V. (2001). Brand management paradigms. Journal of Marketing Management, 17(7-8), pp.849-875.
23. Why Consolidating Brands Can Be a Strategic Mistake , Graham Kenny, Sept 17,2019 , Accessed between Dec 2nd 2019 to Jan 15th 2020