B. Omnamasivaya, RLN. Murthy, P. Ramesh
email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. B. Omnamasivaya1*, Dr. RLN. Murthy2, Dr. P. Ramesh3
1Associate Professor and HOD, MBA Dept., Gonna Institute of Information Technology and Sciences, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
2Associate Professor and HOD, Faculty of Commerce and Management Studies, Rama University, Khanpur, Uttra Pradesh.
3Associate Professor and HOD, MBA Dept., Vignan Institute of Information Technology and Sciences, Duvada, Visakhapatnam.
Volume - 12,
Issue - 3,
Year - 2021
The rapid increase in economic activities in the world, more specifically the manufacturing firms use various natural resources for different kinds of manufacturing process. at the same time these manufacturing activities are accountable for pollution of environment, early times these manufacturing units have ignored the various waste treatment measures and regulatory norms stipulated by government were not followed this resulted in various types of pollution like soil, water, sound, air. Different legislations were made global, national and at regional levels. the main aim of the study is to know the whether ownership structure really influence the environmental accounting and disclosure practices or not. NIFTY has taken as a sample size for the study and in order to test the hypothesis various statistical tools like Annova, Levens Test and T test have been applied. The study found that there is no statistically significant difference between the environmental disclosure over two forms of ownership. Whether public ownership companies or private sector ownership companies there is no differences in their disclosure practices.
Cite this article:
B. Omnamasivaya, RLN. Murthy, P. Ramesh. Is Ownership structure really Influence Environmental Accounting and Disclosure Practices. Asian Journal of Management. 2021; 12(3):317-0. doi: 10.52711/2321-5763.2021.00048
B. Omnamasivaya, RLN. Murthy, P. Ramesh. Is Ownership structure really Influence Environmental Accounting and Disclosure Practices. Asian Journal of Management. 2021; 12(3):317-0. doi: 10.52711/2321-5763.2021.00048 Available on: https://ajmjournal.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-12-3-13
1. Akrout, M. M., and Othman, H. B. (2016). Ownership Structure and Environmental Disclosure in Mena Emerging Countries. corporate ownership and control, 13(4), 381-388.
2. Bani-Khalid, T., Kouhy, R., and Hassan, A. (2017). The Impact of Corporate Characteristics on social and environmental disclosure (CSED) the case of Jordan. Journal of Accounting and Auditing: research Practice, 1-28.
3. Diantimala, Y., and Amril, T. A. (2018). The Effect of Ownership Structure, Financial and Environmenta Performances on Environmental Disclosure. Accounting Analysis Journal, 70-77.
4. Khan, I., Chand, P. V., and Patel, P. A. (2013). The impact of ownership structure on voluntary corporate disclosure in annual reports; Evidence from Fiji. Accounting and Taxation, 5(1), 47-58.
5. Makhija, A. K., and Patton, J. M. (2004). The Impact of Firm Ownership Structure on Voluntary Disclosure: Empirical Evidence from Czech Annual Reports. The journal of Business, 77(3), 457-491.
6. Matta, R. (2017). Ownership Structure and corporate environmental disclosure: Evidence from India. International Journal of Science Technology and Mnagement, 6(6), 106-119.
7. Mgammal, M. H. (2017). The Effect of ownership structure on voluntary Disclosure: Evidence from saudi Arabia. Journal of Advanced Management Science, 5(2), 139-151.
8. omnamasivya, B., and. MSV, (2016). Factors influencing environmental accounting and disclosure practices in india. The IUP Journal of Accounting Research and Audit Practices, XV(1), 21-33.
9. Shiri, M. M., Salehi, M., and Radbon, A. (2016, January -March). A Study of Impact of Ownership Structure and Disclosure Quality on Information Asymmetry in Iran. VIKALAPA the Journal for Decision makers, 41(1), 1-10.
10. Soetedjo, S., Soewarno, N., Iswahjuni, and Am, S. A. (2018). The Effect of Ownership Structure on Corporate Social Responsibility Disclosures. Journal of contemporary accounting and economics symposium 2018 on special session for Indonesian study (JCAE2018), (pp. 91-97).
11. Vidhani, J., and prof, A. s. (2018). Environmental reporting in India: An empirical analysis. Inspira- Journal of Modern Management and Entrepreneurship (JMME), 8(2), 299-306.