Customer Relationship Management (CRM) is an enterprise approach to understand and influence customer behavior through meaningful communication in order to improve customer acquisition, customer loyalty and customer profitability. CRM is “A business strategy to manage interactive customer relationships to optimize long-term customer value and satisfaction”. The aim of this paper is to identify and seek the opinion of the marketing and technical people in service and manufacturing organizations with regard to CRM implementation and toanalyze the role of Information Technology (IT) in CRM implementation.
Cite this article:
Adireddy Sakunthala. Role of Information Technology on CRM Implementation in selected Industries. Asian Journal of Management. 2020;11(4):413-418. doi: 10.5958/2321-5763.2020.00063.3
Adireddy Sakunthala. Role of Information Technology on CRM Implementation in selected Industries. Asian Journal of Management. 2020;11(4):413-418. doi: 10.5958/2321-5763.2020.00063.3 Available on: https://ajmjournal.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2020-11-4-8
1. Powell, T., “Information Technology as Competitive Advantage: The Role of Human, Business and Technology Resources”, Strategic Management Journal, 18(5):375-405, 1997.
2. Mitchell, P.J. “Aligning customer call centre for 2001” Telemarketing and Call centre Solutions. Norwalk, Vol.16, issue 10, pp: 64-69, 1998.
3. Cooper, B. L., Watson, H.J., Wixom, B.H and Goodhue, D.L, “Data Warehousing supports Corporate strategy at First American Corporation”, MIS Quarterly, Minneapolis, vol.24, Issue 4, pp:547-567, 2000.
4. Galimi, J., “Strategic Analysis Report: CRM IT Requirement and Strategies for Payer Organizations”, Gartner Group, 2000.
5. Waltner, C., “New CRM tools help financial institutions diversify – as banks expand services, next generation products are expected to increase profits”, Information Week, 148, 2000.
6. Payne, A, Christopher, M., Clark, M. and Peck, H., “Relationship marketing for competitive advantage” Oxford: Butterworth- Heinemann, 2001.
7. Swift, R. “Accelerating Customer Relationship using CRM and Relationship Technologies”, NewYork, Prentice Hall Inc. ISBN 0-13-088084-9, 2001.
8. CRMguru.com, “The customer relationship management primer: What you need to know to get started”, 2001 CRMguru.com. Retrieved from http://www.crm-forum.com, 2002.
9. Simon Kriss “How to avoid failure in CRM implementation”, Freelance article, Saga Consulting, January, 2003.
10. Kumar, V. and GirishRamani, “Taking Customer Lifetime Value Analysis to the Next Level,” Journal of Integrated Communications, pp.27-33, 2004.
11. Boulding, William, Richard Staelin, Michael Ehret, and Wesley J. Johnston. “A Customer Relationship Management Roadmap: What Is Known, Potential Pitfalls, and Where to Go,” Journal of Marketing, 69 (4), 155-66, 2005.
12. Ngai, “Customer Relationship Management Research”, Marketing Intelligence and Planning, 23(6): 582-605, 2005
13. NASCIO “Strategies and Tactics to Grow Enterprise IT Services”, www.NASCIO.com, 2006.
14. Mario Caldeira, CristianePedron, “Why CRM doesn’t work – An enterprise architecture approach”, 4th International Conference on Enterprise Systems, Accounting and Logistics (4th ICESAL ’07), Corfu Island, Greece, 9-10 July 2007.
15. Alhassan G Abdul-Muhmin,” CRM technology use and implementation benefits in an emerging market”, Journal of Database Marketing and Customer Strategy Management volume 19, pages82–97,2012.
16. MiladFarzin and TannazRostamAbadi “The Role of Information Technology Infrastructure for Customer Relationship Management Implementation of Manufacturing Companies”, A Journal of Economics and Management Vol. 3 Issue 8, ISSN 2278-0629, 159-179, August 2014.
17. Dr. A. Shakuntala, Dr. B. Sudhir, “A Study on CRM Implementation Barriers in Select Industries”, International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Business Environment Perspectives, Pezzottaite Journals, ISSN (P):2279-0918, Volume 3, No.1, Pg.No.759-763, January-March 2014.
18. Dr. A. Shakuntala, “A Study on Benefits of CRM in Selected Industries”, Splint International Journal of Professionals, ISSN :2349-6045, Vol-III, Issue-5, Pg.No.50-54, May 2016.
19. Dilip.B, “How can planning and implementation of CRM help in successful business”. https://www.cisin.com/coffee-break/ marketing Jan 2019.