Where e-commerce has rapidly spreading its wings around the world, on the same side the trend of ordering food online is picking up. This research paper aims to focus on the fact that what customer think about the services of online food delivery. In this study the primary data was collected from 250 respondents through a structured questionnaire. The main objective of this paper is to study the perception of customers regarding online food delivery with special reference to Gender and Age. The scope of study has been kept limited to customerswho belong to Jalandhar City. The primary data was collected for the purpose of studying the perception of customer. For this study, we use descriptive statistics and t-test which run on SPSS.In this study, it is proved that on the 5% significant the null hypothesis is accepted. There is no impact of age and gender on the factors easiness and convenient, cost effectiveness, easy mode of payment, doorstep delivery, choice of restaurants, 24X7 delivery, promotions and offers and overall satisfaction.
Cite this article:
Manpreet Singh, Daljeet Kaur. A Study of Customer Perception towards Online Food Delivery with respect to Age and Gender. Asian Journal of Management. 2020;11(3):334-338. doi: 10.5958/2321-5763.2020.00052.9
1. Bressolles G. Durrieu, F. Senecal S. A consumer typology based on e-service quality and e-satisfaction. J. Retail. Consum. Serv. 2014; 21 (6): pp. 889–896
2. Burt S. Sparks L. E-commerce and the retail process: a review. J. Retail. Consum. Serv.2003 10 (5), pp. 275–286.
3. Faqih K.M.S. Jaradat. M.-I.R.M. Assessing the moderating effect of gender differences and individualism-collectivism at individual-level on the adoption of mobile commerce technology: tam3 perspective. J. Retail. Consum. Serv. 2015. 22, pp. 37–52.
4. Jiang L.A. Yang, Z. Jun, M. Measuring consumer perceptions of online shopping convenience. J. Serv. Manag. 2013. 24 (2), pp. 191–214
5. Jones C. Ecommerce is Growing Nicely While Mcommerce is on a Tear. Forbes, England. 2013
6. Kimes S.E. 2011. The Current state of online food ordering in the U.S. Restaurant Industry. Cornell Hosp. Rep. 2011 (17). pp. 6–18.
7. Nilashi M. Ibrahim O. Reza Mirabi V. Ebrahimi, L. Zare M. The role of security, design and content factors on customer trust in mobile commerce. J. Retail. Consum. Serv. 2015. 26, pp. 57–69.
8. Rezaei S. Shahijan M.K. Amin M. Ismail W.K.W. Determinants of app stores continuance behavior: a PLS path modelling approach. J. Internet Commer. 2016. 15 (4), pp. 408–440.
9. Spykerman, N. Malaysia Second in World Broadband Penetration Ranking. The Star, Malaysia. 2013.
10. CNNIC. Statistic Report on Internet Development in China. China Internet Network Information Center, China.2010.
11. Towers N. Xu K. The influence of guanxi on physical distribution service quality availability in e-commerce sourcing fashion garments from China. J. Retail. Consum. Serv. 2016. 28, 126–136
12. Euromonitor, 2015. 100% Home Delivery/Takeaway in Malaysia.