In the global scenario, business organizations have to keep an eye on the marketing environment to survive in the long run. To achieve this, branding strategies plays a key role in survival of business in prevailing economic slowdown and can be viewed as a powerful tool for competitive edge. In business sense brands make huge profits but in present situation it is about the sustainable growth to be in place in long run as competition is omnipresent for brand. This question is addressed by this study which presents a conceptual model/framework required for branding and various factors required for sustainable growth. Keeping the objectives of research in mind the study also extends to branding strategies. This article presents the reviewed literature on branding domain and present contemporary views which it is linked to sustainable growth.
Cite this article:
Hemantha Y. Impact of Branding in Sustainable growth in Prevailing Indian Economy. Asian Journal of Management. 2020;11(3):339-342. doi: 10.5958/2321-5763.2020.00053.0
Hemantha Y. Impact of Branding in Sustainable growth in Prevailing Indian Economy. Asian Journal of Management. 2020;11(3):339-342. doi: 10.5958/2321-5763.2020.00053.0 Available on: https://ajmjournal.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2020-11-3-19
1. Lin, C., and Kao, D. T. (2004). The Impacts of Country-of-Origin on Brand Equity. Journal of American Academy of Business, Cambridge, 5(1/2), pp. 37- 40.
2. Felgner, B. (2007). New Challenges in Branding. Home Textiles Today, 28 (5), pp. 1- 31.
3. Adner R Zemsky.P (2006). A demand-based perspective on sustainable competitive advantage. Strategy Management Journal,27(3), pp. 215- 239.doi.10.1002/smj.513
4. Felgner, B. (2007). New Challenges in Branding. Home textiles Today.28(5), pp.1-31
5. Louro, Maria and Vieira Cunha, Paulo (2001). Brand Management Paradigms. Journal of Marketing Management.17(7/8), pp.849-875
6. Kaputa, C. (2006). Creating a Brand Strategy. T+D,60(4), pp.90-91 http://www.cardinalstrategy.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/branding.pdf
7. Brand Management. (2008). Brand Management-Research starters business, 1.
8. High, D. Knowles, J. (2004). How to define your brand and determine its value. Marketing Management, 13(3), 22-28. Retrieved March 23, 2007, from EBSCO Online Database Business Source Premier. http://search.ebscohost.com/ login.aspx?direct=true db=buh AN=13468247 site=ehost-live
9. Aaker, D. A. (2002), Building Strong Brands, The Free Press, New York