To handle the global challenges of the 21st century, there is a need for leaders (both managers and executives) to think, act and lead differently while adopting a more caring management style. This paper seeks to provide an overview of the ten principles of servant leadership that was put forth by Robert Greenleaf. In addition, three principles will be discussed in greater depths – acceptance and empathy, foresight as well as awareness. An example on their importance and application in the pharmaceutical industry is also provided.
Cite this article:
Clement V.L. Lim. Principles of Servant Leadership and It's Application to The Pharmaceutical Industry. Asian Journal of Management. 2020;11(4):517-523. doi: 10.5958/2321-5763.2020.00076.1
1. Arkin, A. (2004). Serve the servants. People Management, 10(25), 30-33.
2. Autry, J. A. (2004). The servant leader. New York: Three Rivers Press.
3. Bennis, W. (1989). On becoming a leader. Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley Publishing Company Inc.
4. Block, P. (1993). Stewardship: Choosing service over self interest. San Francisco, CA: Berrett-Koehler Publishing.
5. By turning medical scans into adventures, GE eases children's fears. By turning medical scans into adventures, GE eases children's fears. Available at: http://archive. jsonline.com/ business/by-turning-medical-scans-into-adventures-ge-eases-childrens-fears-b99647870z1-366161191.html [Accessed November 13, 2016].
6. Changing Experiences through Empathy – The Adventure Series. This is Design Thinking. Available at: http://thisisdesignthinking. net/2014/12/changing-experiences-through-empathy-ge-healthcares-adventure-series/ [Accessed November 13, 2016].
7. Deepa Anbu. The Role of Leaders and Managers in Business Organisations. Asian Journal of Management. 2019; 10(3): 225-228.
8. Greenleaf Organization. (2012, February 24). What is servant leadership? [Website]. Retrieved from https://www.greenleaf.org/ what-is-servant-leadership.
9. G. K. Deshmukh. Talent Management: A Conceptual Framework with Practical Approach. Asian J. Management 3(1): Jan. – Mar. 2012 page 48-50.
10. Greenleaf, R. K. (2008). The servant as leader. Westfield, IN, The Greenleaf Center for Servant Leadership.
11. Greenleaf, R. K. (1977). Servant leadership: A journey into the nature of legitimate power and greatness. Mahwah, NJ: Paulist Press.
12. Hillman, J. (1996). The soul’s code: In search of character and calling. New York, NY: Random House.
13. Hoppe, M. H. (2007). Active listening: Improve your ability to listen and lead.
14. Greensboro, NC: Center for Creative Leadership Publications. Hunter, J.C. (2004). The world’s most powerful leadership principle: how to become a servant leader. New York: Crown Business.
15. Ina Sood, Shyam L. Kaushal. Emotional Intelligence and Leadership Styles: A Study of Educational Leaders in Himachal Pradesh. Asian Journal of Management. 2018; 9(1): 419-426.
16. Keith, K. M. (2008). The case of the servant leader. Westfield, IN, The Greenleaf Center for Servant Leadership.
17. Kellerman, B. & Matusak, L. (Eds.). (2000). Cutting edge: Leadership 2000. College Park, MD: James MacGregor Burns Academy of Leadership.
18. Josephson, M., & Hanson, W. (Eds.). (1998). The power of character. San Francisco, CA: Jossey Bass.
19. Kellerman, B. &Matusak, L. (Eds.). (2000). Cutting edge: Leadership 2000. College Park, MD: James MacGregor Burns Academy of Leadership.
20. Kiechel, W. (1992). The leader as servant. Fortune, 125, 121-122.
21. King, S. (1994). What is the latest on leadership? Management Development Review, 7(6), 7-9.
22. Lee, C., and Zemke, R. (1993). The search for spirit in the workplace. Training, 30, 21-28.
23. Lloyd, B. (1996). A new approach to leadership. Leadership & Organization Development Journal, 17(7), 29-32.
24. M. Sankar, B. Revathy. The Organizational Structure Influences on Employees Satisfaction. Asian Journal of Management. 2018; 9(1): 569-572.
25. Mary Thomas. Entrepreneurial Orientation and the Management Grid: A roadmap for the entrepreneurial journey. Asian J. Management. 2016; 7(4): 293-296.
26. McCormick, D.W. (1994). Spirituality and management. Journal of Managerial Psychology, 9(6), 5-8.
27. Northouse, P. G. (2004). Leadership: Theory and practice. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
28. Pediatric Patients Take Imaging Adventure. Available at: https://www.rsna.org/uploadedfiles/rsna/content/news/pdf/2013_rsna_news_pdfs/009 _rsna_news_sept_2013_low.pdf [Accessed November 13, 2016].
29. Priyanka Ostwal. Major Challenges of Ethical Leadership. Asian J. Management; 2017; 8(2):181-186.
30. Russell, R.F., and Stone, A.G. (2002). A review of servant leadership attributes: developing a practical model. Leadership & Organization Development Journal, 23(3), 145-157.
31. Scouller, J. (2011). The three levels of leadership: How to develop your leadership presence, knowhow and skill. Kemble, Cirencester: Management Books 2000 Ltd.
32. Shweta Jha. Self-Reflection for Personal Effectiveness: Insights from Literature. Asian Journal of Management. 2018; 9(2): 1015-1019.
33. Sendjaya, S., and Sarros, J.C. (2002). Servant leadership: its origins, development, and application in organizations. Journal of Leadershiop and Organization Studies, 9(2), 57-64.
34. Spears, L.C. (Ed.). (1998). Insights on leadership: Service, stewardship, spirit and servant-leadership. New York, NY: John Wiley & Sons.
35. Spears, L. C. (2005). The understanding and practice of servant leadership. Virginia Beach, VA: School of Leadership Studies, Regent University.
36. Snipe, J. W., & Frick, D. M. (2009). The seven pillars of servant leadership: Practicing the wisdom of leading and serving. Mahwah, NJ: Paulist Press
37. Jharana Rani Pattnaik. Role of Leadership and Organizational Vision in Inducing Employee Psychological Attachment towards the Organization. Asian J. Management 5(4): Oct.- Dec., 2014 page 401-405.
38. Jayasheela Patil, D. Masthan. Meta Analysis on Managerial and Leadership Competencies. Asian J. Management 2(3): July-Sept., 2011 page 147-153.
39. Jahanvi Bansal, Dinesh Kumar, Is Ethical Leadership Beneficial ?. Asian Journal of Management. 2018; 9(1):539-542.
40. Joseph, E.E., and Winston, B.E. (2005). A correlation of servant leadership, leader trust, and organizational trust. Leadership & Organization Development Journal, 26(1), 6-22.
41. Tatge, M. (2003). Prescription for growth. Forbes, February 17(1), 64-66.
42. The New Rules of Pharma Marketing. INSEAD Knowledge. Available at: http://knowledge.insead.edu/customers/the-new-rules-of-pharma-marketing-3568 [Accessed November 13, 2016].
43. Uttam Kumar Das, Jayakrushna Panda. The Impact of 360 Degree Feedback on Employee Role in Leadership Development. Asian J. Management; 2017; 8(4): 962-966.
44. YVVSSS Vara Prasad, Anupama. Spitituality and Self Management for Effective Leadership. Int. J. Ad. Social Sciences. 2017; 5(4): 205-210.
45. Zohar, D. (1997). Rewiring the corporate brain. San Francisco, CA: Berrett-Koehler.