Banking Industry in India is led by Public Sector Banks (PSB) with a big share in the Indian market. The present study is to compare the financial performance of SBI with the industry averages on the basis of financial ratios for the period 2016-17 to 2020-21. It was found that the solvency position of SBI and the employment of assets are far better than the industry and the other banks. The employment of shareholders’s funds and CASA of SBI is also better than the industry and other banks.
Cite this article:
Gulshan Kumar, Gaurav Kapoor. Financial Performance Analysis of Banks – A Study of SBI. Asian Journal of Management. 2022;13(4):285-8. doi: 10.52711/2321-5763.2022.00048
Gulshan Kumar, Gaurav Kapoor. Financial Performance Analysis of Banks – A Study of SBI. Asian Journal of Management. 2022;13(4):285-8. doi: 10.52711/2321-5763.2022.00048 Available on: https://ajmjournal.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-13-4-3
1. Shah, S. Q., and Jan, R. (2014). Analysis of financial performance of private banks in Pakistan. Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences, 109, 1021-1025.
2. Adam, M. H. M. (2014). Evaluating the Financial Performance of Banks using financial ratios-A case study of Erbil Bank for Investment and Finance. European Journal of Accounting Auditing and Finance Research, 2(6), 162-177.
3. Pinto, P., Hawaldar, I. T., Rahiman, H. U., TM, R., and Sarea, A. (2017). An evaluation of financial performance of commercial banks. International Journal of Applied Business and Economic Research, 15(22), 605-618.
4. Jha, S., and Hui, X. (2012). A comparison of financial performance of commercial banks: A case study of Nepal. African Journal of Business Management, 6 (25), 7601-7611.
5. Kumbirai, M., and Webb, R. (2010). A financial ratio analysis of commercial bank performance in South Africa. African Review of Economics and Finance, 2(1), 30-53.
6. Sofyan, M. (2019). Analysis Financial Performance of Rural Banks in Indonesia. International Journal of Economics, Business and Accounting Research (IJEBAR), 3(03).
7. Palamalai, S., and Britto, J. (2017). Analysis of financial performance of selected commercial banks in India. Srinivasan, Palamalai and Britto, John (2017), “Analysis of Financial Performance of Selected Commercial Banks in India”, Theoretical Economics Letters, 7(7), 2134-2151.