Jithu George, Rashmi. R
email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
Jithu George1, Rashmi. R2
1Student, Master in Business Administration, Faculty of Management and Commerce, MS Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences, Bengaluru - 560054.
2Assistant Professor, Master in Business Administration, Faculty of Management and Commerce, MS Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences, Bengaluru - 560054.
Volume - 12,
Issue - 2,
Year - 2021
In simple words financial inclusion is defined as “the process of ensuring access to financial services and timely and adequate credit where needed by vulnerable groups such as weaker sections and low income groups at an affordable cost” (Rangarajan, 2008). The main aim of financial inclusion (FI) is to provide easy access to financial services to the underprivileged population of country. It is an attempt to raise the underprivileged population by making available of finance and there by achieving inclusive growth. This paper studies the financial inclusion of regional rural banks in Kerala. Both primary and secondary data used for the study.197 respondent’s data were collected through questionnaire and surveys. The research methodology used in this study was correlation analysis and descriptive statistics. The result of the correlation analysis shows there is positive correlation between independent and dependent variables also the peoples were aware about the inclusions that introduced and newly adapted by the banks. So, the aim of this study is to understand the various financial inclusion measures taken and its impact on creating awareness, benefits and better services to its customers by KGB.
Cite this article:
Jithu George, Rashmi. R. A Study on Role of Financial Inclusion on Regional rural Banks with Reference to Kerala Gramin Bank. Asian Journal of Management. 2021; 12(2):115-9. doi: 10.52711/2321-5763.2021.00017
Jithu George, Rashmi. R. A Study on Role of Financial Inclusion on Regional rural Banks with Reference to Kerala Gramin Bank. Asian Journal of Management. 2021; 12(2):115-9. doi: 10.52711/2321-5763.2021.00017 Available on: https://ajmjournal.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-12-2-4
1. Badar Alam Iqbal, Shaista Sami, Role of banks in financial inclusion in India, Contaduría y Administración, Volume 62, Issue 2,2017, Pages 644-656, ISSN 0186-1042
2. Ann L. Owen, Javier M. Pereira, Bank concentration, competition, and financial inclusion, Review of Development Finance, Volume 8, Issue 1,2018, Pages 1-17, ISSN 1879-9337,
3. JishaJoseph, M. and Varghese, D.T., 2014. Role of financial inclusion in the development of Indian economy. Journal of Economics and Sustainable Development, 5(11).
4. Bijoy, K., 2018. Financial Inclusion in India and PMJDY: A Critical Review. In Proceedings of the First International Conference on Information Technology and Knowledge Management (pp. 39-46).
5. Archana, H.N., 2013. Financial inclusion-role of institutions. Innovative Journal of Business and management, 2(4), pp.44-48.
6. Sakthivel, N., 2020. Impact of Digital Financial Inclusion on Quality Banking Services. Our Heritage, 68(2), pp.293-300