Pravin Jadhav, S. R. Patil
firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
Pravin Jadhav, S. R. Patil
Department of Management Studies, DKTE Textile and Engineering Institute, Rajwada, Ichalkaranji-416115, Dist.- Kolhapur, Maharashtra, India.
Volume - 11,
Issue - 4,
Year - 2020
The study investigates women’s apparel buying behavior in selected retail outlets in Kolhapur district. The study is used to determine the factors which influencing women consumer purchasing behavior towards an apparel brand. Income level, life style, price of the garment, satisfaction level and expectation level are the factors impacting on the women’s buying behavior towards branded garment. Data was collected through self-administered questionnaires. Data analysis included descriptive statistics and chi square goodness of fit test. The results indicate that price of garment can affect women’s buying behavior towards branded readymade garments. They are not dominated by any fixed ideology-driven lifestyle. However, the study identified that women in these areas tended to be more fashion conscious. Recommendation reveals to understand the expectation of women in rural area and satisfaction level of female consumers could help apparel retailers to keep branded garments that can suit to women’s in Kolhapur district.
Cite this article:
Pravin Jadhav, S. R. Patil. A Study of Women’s Apparel buying behavior with reference to Kolhapur District. Asian Journal of Management. 2020;11(4):402-406. doi: 10.5958/2321-5763.2020.00061.X
Pravin Jadhav, S. R. Patil. A Study of Women’s Apparel buying behavior with reference to Kolhapur District. Asian Journal of Management. 2020;11(4):402-406. doi: 10.5958/2321-5763.2020.00061.X Available on: https://ajmjournal.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2020-11-4-6
1. Narang, R. (2006). A Study on Branded Men’s Wear. Indian journal of marketing, 36(11).
2. Kamalaveni, D. K., Rajalakshmi, S., and Kalaiselvi, S. (2008). Brand Loyalty of Women Consumers with Respect to FMCGs. Indian Journal of Marketing, 38(9).
3. Meeran, M. S., and Ranjitham, D. D. (2016). Customers Buying Attitude Towards Branded Apparel on Showrooms at Tirunelveli Dist, Tamilnadu. Indian Journal of Applied Research, 6(2).
4. Brown, P. and Rice, P. 2001. Ready-to-wear apparel analysis. 3rd edition. New Jersey: Merrill-Prentice Hall.
5. Anderson, L.J., Brannon, E.L., Ulrich, A.B., Presley, A.B., Woronka, D., Grasso, M. and Stevenson, D. 2000. Understanding fitting preferences of female consumers. Development of an expert system to enhance accurate sizing selection. National Textile Center Annual Report, 198-A08:1-10.
6. Chun-Yoon, J. and Jasper, C.R. 2005. Consumer preferences for size description systems of men and women apparel. Journal of Consumer Affairs, 29(2):1-11, Winter.
7. Baskin, M., and Earls, M. (Eds.). (2002). Brand new brand thinking: brought to life by 11 experts who do. Kogan Page Publishers.
8. Chan, K. (2006). Young consumers and perception of brands in Hong Kong: A qualitative study. Journal of Product and Brand Management, 15(7), 416-426.
9. Choi, T. M., Liu, N., Liu, S. C., Mak, J., and To, Y. T. (2010). Fast fashion brand extensions: An empirical study of consumer preferences. Journal of Brand Management, 17(7), 472-487.
10. Gandhi, S. M. (1994). Exploratory study on consumer behavior and rationality in consumer decision process. Nagpur. Nagpur University.
11. Atul Pandey, Sachin Bhardwaj, Sanjay Mishra. An empirical study of organized retailers and their impact on consumer’s buying behavior. Asian J. Management 5(2): April-June, 2014 page 121-124.
12. Deepa Katiyal. The Study of Determinants of Reference Group Appeal for Understanding the Consumer Buying Behavior. Asian J. Management; 2017; 8(2):272-278.
13. Nidhi Jhawar, Vivek S. Kushwaha. Visual Merchandising and Impulse Buying Behavior with special reference to Retail Industry. Asian J. Management; 2017; 8(4):1168-1172.
14. Pawan Kumar, Kanchan. A Study of Factors affecting the level of Consumer’s buying behavior for Branded Apparels. Asian Journal of Management. 2018; 9(1):155-161.
15. Mridulesh Singh, Ankit Kumar Katiyar. Consumers buying behavior towards Online Shopping- A study of Literature Review. Asian Journal of Management. 2018; 9(1):490-492.
16. Abdelmutalab Ibrahim Adam. Impact of Visual Merchandising on Customer Impulse buying behavior in retail stores in Sudan. Asian Journal of Management. 2020; 11(1):29-37
17. Dipti Baghel, Archi Dubey. Apparel Buying Behavior of College Going Students- A Study in Raipur- Durg Area. Asian J. Management 3(2): April-June, 2012 page 90-93.
18. Pratibha Rai, Bobby. B. Pandey. Role of Visual Merchandising on Consumer Shopping Behaviour in Chhattisgarh (A Study of Urban and Rural Customers of Selected Area). Asian J. Management. 2016; 7(2): 143-152.
19. V. R. Palanivelu, D. Manikandan. A Study on Prospects and Challenges of Woman Entrepreneurs in Erode District of Tamil Nadu. Asian Journal of Management. 2018; 9(1):297-301.
20. Partha Prasad Chowdhury. Role of use of Social Media on Effective Buying Decision Process: A Study of Consumer buying Behavior in the Context of Bangladesh Market. Asian Journal of Management. 2019; 10(1): 53-60.