Rashmi R., Nirmal Raj VK
firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
Rashmi R.1, Nirmal Raj VK2
1Assistant Professor, Faculty of Management and Commerce, MS Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India–560054.
2MBA Student, Faculty of Management and Commerce, MS Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India–560054.
Volume - 12,
Issue - 1,
Year - 2021
Artificial intelligence is a broad branch of computer science. When we think about Artificial intelligence, we need to think in the context of human beings the reason being human beings are known to be the smartest creature in the world. So, when technology like Artificial intelligence is brought for digitalisation of banks then competing with fin-tech players becomes easy. The main reason for me to do artificial intelligence as a topic was due to the fact that A.I and machines are the future. The main focus I kept on A.I on banking processes, reason being the number of scams happening in India and around the world, also lack of technology being the main culprit for fraudulent activities and scams. To analyse the impact of AI on the Banks’ Performance, a questionnaire is prepared with 34 variables which included different banking processes. The respondents included a combination a employees and customers. Through the survey most of the variables were showing positive results towards adopting Artificial Intelligence in banking sector. According to the survey analysis the reliability coefficient of Cronbach’s alpha is 0.972, which indicates high level of internal consistency of the scale and the (KMO) Kaiser-Meyer-Olkin and Bartlett’s test revealed the measure of sampling adequacy is 0.960, it is found that component analysis is useful and significant. As per the regression model the independent variable that is understanding customer behaviour has least impact on the dependent variable that is the impact of Artificial Intelligence on Banks performance. And the independent variable that is customer satisfaction- help desk has great impact on the dependent variable.The Significant values of the coefficients that is the independent variables - Customer satisfaction, Eliminating Human errors, Risk management and automate compliance are significant as the p-value is less than 0.05 (p<0.05).
Cite this article:
Rashmi R., Nirmal Raj VK. A Study on the Implementation and the Impact of Artificial Intelligence in Banking Processes. Asian Journal of Management. 2021; 12(1):47-54. doi: 10.5958/2321-5763.2021.00008.1
1. Bergström Stacey, I., Svenningsson, P., andThoresson, A. (2018). The Era of Artificial Intelligence in Swedish Banking: Exploring Customer Attitudes Towards AI as a Substitute to Brick and Mortar Offices, 86. Retrieved from http://www.diva-portal.org/ smash/record.jsf?pid=diva2%3A1213837&dswid=2098
2. Ling, L., Gao, Z., Silas, M. A., Lee, I., (2019). An AI-based, Multi-stage detection system of banking botnets. Retrieved from http://arxiv.org/abs/1907.08276
3. Ukpong, E. G., Udoh, I. I., and Essien, I. T. (2019). Artificial Intelligence: Opportunities, Issues and Applications in Banking, Accounting, and Auditing in Nigeria. Asian Journal of Economics, Business and Accounting, 1–6. https://doi.org/10.9734/ajeba/2019/ v10i130099
4. Nitescu, d. C., (2018). Managing digitalization in banking: challenges and implications. proceedings of the 12th international management conference: management perspectives in the digital era (imc 2018) (pp. 339–349).
5. Ivanov, S., and Webster, C. (2017). Adoptıon Of Robots, ArtıfıcıalIntellıgence And ServıceAutomatıon By Travel, Tourısm And HospıtalıtyCompanıes – A Cost-BenefıtAnalysıs. International Scientific Conference “Contemporary Tourism – Traditions And Innovations (pp. 168–177). 168-179. Retrieved from https:// sozluk.gov.tr/?kelime=dijital
6. Ortiz, J., Marin, A., (2016). Implementation of a banking system security in embedded systems using artificial intelligence. Advances in Natural and Applied Sciences, 10(17), 95–101.
7. Nataraja N.S, Nagaraja Rao Chilale, Ganesh L. An Examination of Applicability of Logistic Regression Model with Respect to Ready-To-Eat food Products. Asian J. Management; 2017; 8(4):1351-1355.
8. Sindhu J, Renee Namratha. Impact of Artificial Intelligence in chosen Indian Commercial Bank –A Cost Benefit Analysis. Asian Journal of Management. 2019; 10(4):377-384.