Yeshwant Rao N, R. Hiremani Naik
email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
Yeshwant Rao N1, R. Hiremani Naik2
1Research Scholar, Institute of Management Studies and Research, Kuvempu University, Shankarghatta.
2Chairman, Institute of Management Studies and Research, Kuvempu University, Shankarghatta.
Volume - 13,
Issue - 2,
Year - 2022
The demand for quality workforce has been the need of the hour and this can be further attributed to the fact that organisation and market needs have been changing rapidly which is inducing the companies to perform effectively and thus exposing the employees in the form of various challenges and exposures. This exposures are faced due to dynamism of the market forces and hence it becomes imperative for the organisation to undertake various policies and practices through which they can enhance the value of the organisation and as well as individual. These employee competencies can be enhanced only through effective competencies-based HR practices which can act as stimulating factor in making organisations more specific towards their human resources development aspects and inducing the necessary changes in there respective HR programm which can stimulate and motivate the employees for higher performance in the organisation. This study is an attempt to understand the impact of competency-based HR practices and to analyze the impact of those HR Practices in fostering the organisational change and development in selected BPO companies in Shivamogga. This paper emphasis on significance of competency-based HR practices and it analyzes the impact of those competencies based HR practices.
Cite this article:
Yeshwant Rao N, R. Hiremani Naik. A Study on Impact of Competency Based HR Practices on Fostering Organisational Change and Development in selected BPO Companies in Shivamogga. Asian Journal of Management. 2022;13(2):160-4. doi: 10.52711/2321-5763.2022.00029
Yeshwant Rao N, R. Hiremani Naik. A Study on Impact of Competency Based HR Practices on Fostering Organisational Change and Development in selected BPO Companies in Shivamogga. Asian Journal of Management. 2022;13(2):160-4. doi: 10.52711/2321-5763.2022.00029 Available on: https://ajmjournal.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-13-2-11
1. McClelland, D.C. “Testing for competence rather than intelligence”, American Psychologist, XXVIII, (1), pp. 1- 40, 1973
2. Boyatzis, R., “The Competent Manager: A Model for Effective Performance”, New York: John Wiley & Sons, pp 46-48, 1982
3. Dr. R. Gayatri, Purushothaman, “A Study On Competency Mapping For IT Professionals Working In Indian It Companies, With Reference To Chennai”, Journal of Management (JOM), Volume 4, Issue 2, May –June 2018, pp. 1–8
4. The Impact of Elaborated feedback on competency assessment of IT Professionals by Elena-Alexandra Toader, Mircea-Alexandru Lungu, Romania, Published in Informatica Economica, Volume 19, no.3/2015, ISSN 14531305
5. Gowrishankka R V & K Iyppan A Study on Effectiveness of Comptency Mapping in IT industry, International Journal of Scientific Research, Volume-6 | Issue-5 | May - 2017 | Issn No 2277 – 8179
6. Report on IT industry by Indian Brand Equity Foundation for 2018-19
7. R.K. Sahu Competency Mapping, Excel Books, New Delhi, 2009, ISBN (13): 978-81-7446-745-4 Pages: 302.