Md. Zohurul Islam, Syed Asrafujjaman, Shamim Hosen.
firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
Md. Zohurul Islam1, Syed Asrafujjaman2, Shamim Hosen3*
1Director (Development), Bangladesh Public Administration Training Centre, Savar, Dhaka -1343, Bangladesh.
2Senior Assistant Secretary, Ministry of Public Administration, Bangladesh.
3Assistant Director (Development), Bangladesh Public Administration Training Centre Savar, Dhaka -1343, Bangladesh.
Volume - 13,
Issue - 4,
Year - 2022
Bangladesh Public Administration Training Centre (BPATC), an apex training organization, is a key player in the development of public sector human resources by offering and arranging high-quality training programs. A current curriculum and qualified training professors and staff are required for quality and effective training. As a result, the study's goals are to identify variables that determine training institution performance and as well measuring factors that influence, or impact training organizations’ performance and policy implications are drawn. A quantitative approach is adopted and as a research technique employs a highly known and frequently utilized structured questionnaire survey instrument. The respondents' data is collected using a purposive sampling approach. For data analysis, a scholarly software program called SPSS is employed. In addition to descriptive statistics, principal component factor analysis is used in this study. Unstandardized Coefficients values with significant levels (p<.001) are used to test stated hypotheses and ANOVA is used to evaluate model significance. For organizational performance, PCA has identified four variables. Factors have high loading values. Among the four hypotheses, regression results confirmed that only one hypothesis ‘training staff relationship’ is having a positive and significant relationship with training organizations’ performance.
Cite this article:
Md. Zohurul Islam, Syed Asrafujjaman, Shamim Hosen. Factors Influence the Performance of Training Organizations: A Study on Bangladesh Public Administration Training Centre. Asian Journal of Management. 2022;13(4):269-8. doi: 10.52711/2321-5763.2022.00046
Md. Zohurul Islam, Syed Asrafujjaman, Shamim Hosen. Factors Influence the Performance of Training Organizations: A Study on Bangladesh Public Administration Training Centre. Asian Journal of Management. 2022;13(4):269-8. doi: 10.52711/2321-5763.2022.00046 Available on: https://ajmjournal.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-13-4-1
1. Karim, M. M., Choudhury, M. M., and Latif, W. B. (2019). The Impact of Training and Development on Employees’ Performance: An Analysis of Quantitative Data. Noble International Journal of Business and Management Research, 3(2), 25-33.
2. Kumari, P. V., and Chauhan, S. (2013). HRM Practices and Employee Retention: A Study on Literature Survey. Asian Journal of Management, 4(1), 54-59.
3. Sartori, R., Ceschi, A., and Costantini, A. (2017). The human side of open innovation: what room for training and development? In Open Innovation: Unveiling the Power of the Human Element (Vol. 2). Unveiling the power of the human element. doi:10.1142/9789813140851_0005
4. Subramanian, V., and Kumar, A. A. (2017). Skill Enhancement Influenced by Effective Training. Asian Journal of Management, 8(3), 834-840.
5. Islam, Z., and Hossain, R. (2019). What Matters for the Effectiveness of a Training Organization? Evidence from Bpatc. Journal of Community Positive Practices, XIX(4), 28-45. doi:10.35782/JCPP.2019.4.03
6. BPATC. (2021). Introducing BPATC. Retrieved January 21, 2021, from www.bpatc.org.bd: http://www.bpatc.org.bd/ index.php?pageid=157
7. MoPA. (2017). Annual Report. Dhaka: Ministry of Public Administration.
8. Ju, B., Lee, Y., Park, S., and Yoon, S. W. (2021). A Meta-Analytic Review of the Relationship Between Learning Organization and Organizational Performance and Employee Attitudes: Using the Dimensions of Learning Organization Questionnaire. Human Resource Development Review, 20(2), 207-251. doi:https://doi.org/10.1177/1534484320987363
9. Nguyen, T., Truong, Q., and Buyens, D. (2010). The relationship between training and firm performance: A literature review. Research and Practice Human Resource Management, 18(1), 28-45.
10. Islam, M. Z., and Hosen, S. (2021, June 23). An Effectiveness Study on Policy Level Training Course: A Case from Bangladesh Public Administration Training Centre, Bangladesh. Asian Journal of Education and Social Studies, 18(3), 41-52. doi:10.9734/AJESS/2021/v18i330444
11. Truitt, D. L. (2011). The Effect of Training and Development on Employee Attitude as it Relates to Training and Work Proficiency. SAGE Open, 1-13. doi:10.1177/2158244011433338
12. Blume, B. D., Ford, J. K., Baldwin, T. T., and Huang, J. L. (2010, July). Transfer of Training: A Meta-Analytic Review. Journal of Management, 36(4), 1065-1105. doi:10.1177/0149206309352880
13. Islam, M. Z., and Siengthai, S. (2010). Human Resource Management Practices and Firm Performance Improvement in Dhaka Export Processing Zone. Research and Practice in Human Resource Management, 18(1), 60-77.
14. Vlachos, I. (2008). The effect of human resource practices on organizational performance: evidence from Greece. The International Journal of Human Resource Management,, 19(1), 74-79.
15. Adeyi, A. O., Apansile, E. K., Okere, W., and Okafor, L. I. (2018). Training and Development and Organisational Performance: Standpoint from Private Tertiary Institutions in Nigeria. Journal of Economics, Management and Trade, 21(12), 1-10. doi:10.9734/JEMT/2018/44895
16. Tiwari, U. (2014 ). Training and Development, Job Satisfaction and HRD Climate In A Service Organisation. Asian Journal of Management, 5(4), 431-434.
17. Aragón, M. I., Jiménez, D. J., and Valle, R. S. (2014, July–September ). Training and performance: The mediating role of organizational learning. BRQ Business Research Quarterly, 17(3), 161-173. doi:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cede.2013.05.003
18. Sparrow, P., and Cooper, C. (2014). Organizational effectiveness, people and performance: new challenges, new research agendas. Journal of Organizational Effectiveness: People and Performance, 1(1), 2-13.
19. Maj, J. (November 5th-6th, 2015). Diversity Management’S Stakeholders and Stakeholders Management. 9th International Management Conference: Management and Innovation For Competitive Advantage. Bucharest, Romania.
20. Hangarki, S. B. (2012). Hiring and Retaining the Best Talents – A Key to Organizational Success. Asian Journal of Management, 3(1), 06-09.
21. Daniel, C. O. (2018, October). Effects of Training on Organizational Performance. Asian Journal of Business and Management, 6(5), 58-67.
22. Salas, E., Wilson, K. A., Priest, H. A., and Guthrie, J. W. (2012). Design, Delivery, and Evaluation of Training Systems. In G. Salvendy (Ed.), Handbook of Human Factors and Ergonomics (pp. 490-533). Florida: John Wiley and Sons.
23. UN. (2013). Human Resource Management and Training. New York; Geneva: United Nations Economic Commission for Europe.
24. Chaturvedi, V., and Sethi, M. (2010 ). Job satisfaction among academicians:-A study with reference to Management Colleges (both Government and Private) in Faridabad. Asian Journal of Management, 1(1), 04-07.
25. Kitchen, H. (2005). Delivering Local/Municipal Services. In A. Shah (Ed.), Public Services Delivery (pp. 117-145). Washington: The World Bank. doi:10.1596/978-0-8213-6140-5
26. Udupa, A. R., and Kotreshwar, G. (2010 ). Implications of Service Quality Model for Medical tourism in India. Asian Journal of Management, 1(2), 65-68.
27. Oduor, O. G., and Otuya, D. R. (2017). Strategic training and development and organization performance- A critical analysis. International Journal of Multidisciplinary and Current Research, 5, 1181-1184.
28. Islam, M. Z. (2012, May). Training Module/curriculum and Training Effectiveness: An Empirical evidence from Foundation Training Course at BPATC. World Journal of Social Science, 2(3), 15-30.
29. Banerjee, S. (2021). A Descriptive Study on Employees' Perception on Training and Development Practices Carried by Bank of Baroda. Asian Journal of Management, 12(1), 67-72.
30. Hajjar, S. T., and Alkhanaizi, M. S. (2018, April-June). Exploring the Factors That Affect Employee Training Effectiveness: A Case Study in Bahrain. SAGE Open, 1–12. doi:10.1177/2158244018783033
31. Jain, S., and Khurana, N. (2017). Enhancing Employee Engagement Through Training and Development. Asian Journal of Management, 8(1), 01-06.
32. Abbas, Z. (2014). Identification of factors and their impact on employees' training and organizational performance in Pakistan. Kasbit Journal of Management and Social Science, 7(1), 93-109.
33. Bezrukova, K., Jehn, K. A., and Spell, C. S. (2012). Reviewing Diversity Training: Where We Have Been and Where We Should Go. Academy of Management Learning and Education, 11(2), 207-227. Retrieved August 10, 2021, from https://www.jstor.org/stable/23412323
34. Kumar, P. R. (2020). The Impact of Training and Development on Employees Performance and Productivity: a case study of Granules Omnichem Pvt. Ltd. Visakhapatnam. Asian Journal of Management, 11(2), 174-180.
35. Edwinah, A., and Augustine, A. (2013). Employee involvement and organizational effectiveness. Journal of Management Development, 32(7), 661-674.
36. Likert, R. (1932). A technique for the Measurement of Attitudes. Archives of Psychology, 22(140), 1-55.
37. Hair et al. (2010). Multivariate Data Analysis (7th ed.). New York: Pearson.
38. Nunnally, J. C. (1978). Psychometric Theory. (2nd, Ed.) New York: McGraw-Hill.
39. Peterson, R. A. (1994, February ). A Meta-Analysis of Cronbach's Coefficient Alpha. Journal of Consumer Research , 21(2), 381-91. doi:10.1086/209405
40. George, D., and Mallery, P. (2003). SPSS for Windows step by step: A simple guide and reference 11.0 update (4th ed.). Boston: Allyn and Bacon.