It is seen in luxury industry that there is relentless innovation taking place in social networks. It is evident that from social media that many micro businesses are operating in e-commerce space. The study presents the curated shopping among luxury consumers which is talked about in social commerce space. The paper addresses the antecedent factors which exists in curated shopping across social media. Further, to fill a palpable gap in academic literature by exploring the same.
The study is interpretive in nature along with meta-analysis of secondary scholarly contributions. At the same time narratives of participants is presented. The findings of the study include parameters such as luxury consumption with success, societal pressure, hedonism, cultural connect and brand relationships which is expressed by narratives of respondents.
Cite this article:
Hemantha Y. Exploring the antecedent factors of curated shopping in Social Commerce among luxury consumers. Asian Journal of Management.2023;14(1):76-0. doi: 10.52711/2321-5763.2023.00013
Hemantha Y. Exploring the antecedent factors of curated shopping in Social Commerce among luxury consumers. Asian Journal of Management.2023;14(1):76-0. doi: 10.52711/2321-5763.2023.00013 Available on: https://ajmjournal.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-14-1-13
1. Argyris, Y. A., Muqaddam, A., and Miller, S. (2021). The effects of the visual presentation of an Influencer's Extroversion on perceived credibility and purchase intentions—moderated by personality matching with the audience. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 59, 102347.
2. Castillo, D., Canhoto, A. I., and Said, E. (2021). The dark side of AI-powered service interactions: exploring the process of co-destruction from the customer perspective. The Service Industries Journal, 41(13-14), 900-925.
3. Chopra, A., Avhad, V., and Jaju, A. S. (2021). Influencer marketing: An exploratory study to identify antecedents of consumer behavior of millennial. Business Perspectives and Research, 9(1), 77-91.
4. Das, M., and Jebarajakirthy, C. (2020). Impact of acculturation to western culture (AWC) on western fashion luxury consumption among Gen-Y consumers in the Asia-Pacific region. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 56, 102179.
5. Ibrahim, B. (2022). Social Media Marketing Activities and Brand Loyalty: A Meta-Analysis Examination. Journal of Promotion Management, 28(1), 60-90.
6. Ibrahim, B., and Aljarah, A. (2021). The era of Instagram expansion: matching social media marketing activities and brand loyalty through customer relationship quality. Journal of Marketing Communications, 1-25.
7. Kapoor, S., and Banerjee, S. (2021). On the relationship between brand scandal and consumer attitudes: A literature review and research agenda. International Journal of Consumer Studies, 45(5), 1047-1078.
8. Lawry, C. A. (2021). Blurring luxury: the mediating role of self-gifting in consumer acceptance of phygital shopping experiences. International Journal of Advertising, 1-27.
9. Lee, J. A., Sudarshan, S., Sussman, K. L., Bright, L. F., and Eastin, M. S. (2021). Why are consumers following social media influencers on Instagram? Exploration of consumers’ motives for following influencers and the role of materialism. International Journal of Advertising, 1-23.
10. Polese, A. and Seliverstova, O. (2020), “Luxury consumption as identity markers in Tallinn: a study of Russian and Estonian everyday identity construction through consumer citizenship”, Journal of Consumer Culture, Vol. 20 No. 2, pp. 194-215.
11. Statista (2022). Global personal luxury goods industry – statistics and facts. Available https://www.statista.com/topics/1110/global-luxury-goods-industry/#dossierKeyfigures
12. Utami, A. F., Ekaputra, I. A., Japutra, A., and Van Doorn, S. (2022). The role of interactivity on customer engagement in mobile e-commerce applications. International Journal of Market Research, 64(2), 269-291.
13. Weeks, J. B., Smith, K. M., and Hulland, J. (2021). Consumer brand curation on social shopping sites. Journal of Business Research, 133, 399-408
14. Xie, Q., and Lou, C. (2020). Curating Luxe experiences online? Explicating the mechanisms of luxury content marketing in cultivating brand loyalty. Journal of Interactive Advertising, 20(3), 209-224.