Training is considered as an organizational activity which aims in improving job performance of individuals and groups. Training provides both the individual and organizations as a full with the benefits that make the value and time a worthwhile investment. Training and development are the processes of investing in people so as that they are equipped to perform well. These processes are part of an overall human resource management approach that hopefully will end in people being motivated to perform well. The training of employees in banking industry is compulsory because of the changes posed by modern technology. Technological environment is dynamic; changes take place every minute, hour, day etc. Therefore training cannot be abjure to new or old employee but to both and even senior level managers. This research work aims at finding the impact of training programme on employees in Indian banking industry.
Cite this article:
Sumit Banerjee. A Descriptive Study on Employees' Perception on Training and Development Practices Carried by Bank of Baroda. Asian Journal of Management. 2021; 12(1):67-72. doi: 10.5958/2321-5763.2021.00010.X
Sumit Banerjee. A Descriptive Study on Employees' Perception on Training and Development Practices Carried by Bank of Baroda. Asian Journal of Management. 2021; 12(1):67-72. doi: 10.5958/2321-5763.2021.00010.X Available on: https://ajmjournal.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-12-1-10
1. Training and development. < https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/>
2. Shishupal Singh Badhu and Karunesh Saxena (1999), Role of Training in Developing Human Resources
3. HRM practices. < http://article.sapub.org/>
5. Training-and-development.<https://www.slideshare.net/ susmithabehapyandmakehapy/>
6. Shyam Rungta/the Rise of Business Corporations in India 1851-1900
7. Training and development and HRM practices.<https:// www.surveymonkey.com/>
8. Gandhi, Poonam (2010). Business Studies. Dhanpat Rai and co private limited Educational and technical publishers.
9. The Important of Training and its Impact on the Performance of Employees in Banking Sectors. <https://www.researchgate.net/ publication/>
10. Sanyal, S., & Hisam, W. (2018). Impact of training and development on performance of employees. International Journal of Scientific Research and Management.EM-2018-191-198
11. Human resource development/training meaning definition and types of training/32374. <http://www.yourarticlelibrary.com/>
12. Human resource management employee training objectives of employee training/31634.<http://www.economicsdiscussion.net/>
13. Andrew Crosby. (2000). Training is Changing Call Centre Perception. Training Journal, Vol.13 No.4, pp. 18-21 Atul Gupta & Susan T.Sadowski (1998) End-User Training in the Service Industry Managing Service Quality, Vol.8 No.3; pg 212
14. Jha, R., Mishra M.(2015).A Study of HRM and Employees Performance in Banking Sector in India. IJARIIE Vol-1 Issue-3 2015
15. Chitra, R. (2013). HRD and Bank ICFAI Journal of Organisational Behavior, Vol. IV, No.3, pp 45-50.
16. Patil, B. (2014). Human Resource Development Practices and Employee Productivity in Banking Sector Vision-The Journal of Business Perspective, Vol. 4, pp 11-17.
17. Kalakotla, S. (2017). Human Resource Management and Practices in Indian Banks. International Journal of Academic Research ISSN: 2348-7666; Vol.4, Issue-2 (1), February, 2017.
18. M. Marie Rosy. Research in Curriculum Development. Asian J. Nur. Edu. and Research 5(3): July- Sept.2015; Page 431-436 doi: 10.5958/2349-2996.2015.00086.5
19. Sanskrity Joseph. Need Vs Created Need: A Case Study on Motivational Books. Asian J. Management 2(4): Oct.-Dec., 2011 page 159-161.
20. Vinod N. Sayankar. Importance of Employee’s Attitude in an Organization. Asian J. Management 6(1): January–March, 2015 page 33-36. doi: 10.5958/2321-5763.2015.00006.2
21. Rajesh Kumar, C.K. Raju, K. L. Singh. Regional Rural Banks: A result of Narasimham committee. Asian J. Management 3(4): Oct.-Dec., 2012 page 188-195.
22. Surabhi Singh, Renu Arora. Measurement of service quality in banking industry. Asian J. Management. 2016; 7(2): 97-104. doi: 10.5958/2321-5763.2016.00014.7
23. Santosh Kumar, Vikash Kumar. Effective Project Management in Steel Industry. Asian J. Management; 2017; 8(4):1379-1386. doi: 10.5958/2321-5763.2017.00210.4
24. Satvir Kaur. Sustaining Environment with Green Initiative: A Conceptual Study of Green Marketing Practices in India. Asian J. Management; 2017; 8(3):761-768. doi: 10.5958/2321-5763.2017.00120.2
25. 25 Smruty Shah, Souren Sarkar. Impact of Organizational Culture on Employee Retention: A Theoretical Perspective. Asian J. Management; 2017; 8(4):1261-1270. doi: 10.5958/2321-5763.2017.00192.5
26. Vaishali Waikar, Yamini Karmarkar. Financial Inclusion- A Study of Awareness Level of People in Indore District. Asian Journal of Management. 2018; 9(1):01-07. doi: 10.5958/2321-5763.2018.00001.X
27. Dheeraj Agrawal. A study on role of Financial Advisor and Investor Behavior towards Mutual Fund Industry in India. Asian J. Management; 2017; 8(2):267-271. doi: 10.5958/2321-5763.2017.00041.5